Terms and Conditions
Resources Technology Showcase UWA competition: 21-22 June 2021
Terms and conditions apply to Skills West Expo 2022 competition taking place from Thursday 25 August to Saturday 27 August 2022.
- The Promoter of the "Activity Competition" is The University of Western Australia (ABN 37 882 817 280) of 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009 ("UWA").
- Details on eligibility, how to enter and the prize ("Prize") for the competition are set out in these terms and conditions of entry ("Terms and Conditions"). By entering into this competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entrants must be aged twelve (12) years or older to be eligible to win, or must have parental or guardian consent.
- Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter the competition.
- UWA or its contractor or agent may, in their absolute discretion, disqualify an entrant for any reason including breaching these Terms and Conditions, or acceptable or reasonable standards of safety, conduct and respect.
How to enter
- To enter the the Skills West Expo 2022 Student Pack Competition, eligible persons must:
- Complete the sign up form at the event,
- Complete all requested fields in the registration form, and
- Comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants may not submit multiple entries to the competition.
Prize on offer
- The Prize is one of five student packs including:
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd Gen) valued at $219
- UWA x CHAMPION socks valued at $19.99
- UWA X CHAMPION cap valued at $29.99
- UWA water bottle valued at $9.09
- The Prize is subject to the following rules:
- Participants must register their details for a chance to win one of three handpicked student packs by 11.59pm, Sunday 28 August 2022.
- The Prize must be taken as stated at Clause 10 and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- If the specified Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, but is under no obligation to, substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Any tax payable as a result of the prize being awarded or received will be the prize winners’ responsibility.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for the loss of the prize or the inability of the prize winner to use the prize due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by the prize winner or otherwise.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability and/or merchantability of the Prize.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that no other payment, cost, fee or prize is payable to the winner by the Promoter.
Open, close and draw and publish dates
- The competition commences on Thursday 25 August 2022 at 10am AWST and closes on Sunday 28 August 2022 at 11.59pm AWST (“Promotional Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period to be valid. Entries received after this time will not be included in the competition and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, incorrect or invalid entries.
- The Prize winner will be determined by random selection at The University of Western Australia as determined by the Brand and Marketing department.
- The winner will be notified by phone or email within five business days of the draw.
- The Prize must be claimed by the winner within 30 days of notification of winning. The winner will be required to claim their prize by collecting it from the Promoter. Details of where and how to collect the Prize will be provided by the Promoter at the time it notifies the winner. The Prize will not be shipped or otherwise delivered to the winner.
- If the Prize is not claimed within that 30-day period, the Promoter may, at its discretion conduct further draws at the same time of day and place as the original draw in order to distribute the unclaimed Prize. The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by phone or email within five business days of the draw and must claim the Prize within 30 days of notification of winning in accordance with Clause 15. If not claimed, the Promoter may conduct further draws following expiry of that 30-day period.
Privacy and miscellaneous
- All entries become the property of the Promoter once submitted.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that it is giving the Promoter permission to use their entry for marketing, publicity or promotional purposes.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, liabilities arising from or in connection with:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control),
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference,
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions,
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant,
- redemption of the Prize, and
- participation in the competition.
- UWA reserves the right to suspend, cancel or otherwise close the competition earlier than is stated in these Terms and Conditions for safety, security, technical failures, weather conditions or any other causes which affect the proper administration, fairness or security of the competitions.
For more information
- For more information, contact Melinda Wong, Events Officer, Brand, Marketing and Recruitment: [email protected]