Courses and requirements
Entry to undergraduate courses is offered to all students who achieve the required entry score for the undergraduate program of their choice at The University of Western Australia.
There are several pathways from which students may enter UWA. However, some students are unable to enter the University directly after completing high school in their home countries. These students are encouraged to take a pre-university course known as a ‘foundation’ program.
Students are also required to meet the English language requirements of the University and prerequisites for chosen majors.
- The University of Western Australia Foundation Program (UWAFP) ®
- The Western Australian Universities Foundation Program (WAUFP) ®
- Canning College Diploma of Commerce
- Taylors College Diploma of Commerce
- Taylors College Diploma of Science
- International Foundation Course for University Studies
- Credit transfer/advanced standing
- NCUK Foundation Program
English language skills
Some international students may need specialised tuition to meet UWA’s minimum English language requirements. The University offers a choice of English language programs through the Centre for English Language Teaching (CELT) to prepare international students for tertiary academic study.