How to apply
A research degree
Learn alongside internationally recognised researchers with a postgraduate research degree. Students with qualifications from UWA are world-class researchers, and our graduates become leaders in a wide range of industries around the globe.
Your entry requirements
- As a prospective research student, you are required to meet the entry conditions set out by the Graduate Research School.
If you do not meet the criteria for entry or are uncertain, contact the Higher Degree by Research (HDR) support team in the most appropriate faculty for advice.
- Am I eligible to study a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) course?
- How do I find a supervisor?
- Where can I find information about available scholarships?
- What's the deadline for submitting my application?
- When will I hear about my application?
- When do I have to accept my offer by?
- How do I defer my offer?
- What if my application is declined?
- How do I make the switch to UWA?
Start my application
Once you've identified a potential supervisor in your area of interest, contact the relevant faculty to confirm their availability to supervise your project.