UWA PLUS Micro-credentials
Terms and conditions
By enrolling in this micro-credential you are agreeing that you:
- have read, understood and will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- have determined that the micro-credential is suitable for you by reading the details provided on the UWA Plus webpage including course content and any recommended prior knowledge.
- upon enrolment will be a UWA student and will abide by the applicable standards of conduct, statutes, by-laws, rules, regulations and policies of the University, including any variations to these that the University makes from time to time (www.universitypolicies.uwa.edu.au).
- have the rights and will abide by the responsibilities of the University Charter of Student Rights and Responsibilities and the Code of Conduct.
- Micro-credentials are designed for adults. Students must normally be at least 18 years of age at the time of enrolment unless otherwise stated in the micro-credential description.
- Places in micro-credentials will be allocated in order of enrolment.
- Micro-credentials are run subject to sufficient enrolment numbers.
- A minimum of one week’s notice will be given if a micro-credential is cancelled.
- Access to UWA services and facilities will only continue while you continue to be enrolled.
- Payment is required at time of registration.
- Discounts must be applied at the point of registration. Discounts will not be processed retrospectively.
- Withdrawals will be refunded up to two weeks prior to commencement of the micro-credential.
- Please choose carefully, as we do not offer a refund if you change your mind or find yourself unable to attend after this time period.
- If you are unable to complete the micro-credential in exceptional circumstances (including severe ill-health or on compassionate grounds) you can apply to withdraw with a refund with relevant documentation. The application must be made prior to having received a certificate of achievement.
- Application to withdraw from a micro-credential with a refund must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com.
- Any additional fees incurred during the process of completing the payment (e.g. credit card surcharge, bank fee, merchant fee, etc.) will not be refunded.
- If the University is not able to offer an advertised micro-credential after you have enrolled in it and paid for it, you will have the choice of transferring to an acceptable equivalent micro-credential or receiving a refund.
By enrolling in a micro-credential:
- you declare to the best of your knowledge that the registration information provided is true, correct and complete.
- you agree that your personal information will be collected, stored and used in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in, the University Policy on Privacy and Student Privacy Collection Notice.
- you understand that the University will correspond with you via electronic means.
- Upon satisfactory completion of a micro-credential:
- you will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
- the micro-credential will be added to your Professional Development Transcript.
- you will gain Professional Development Points (PD Points) that may be converted to academic credit towards undergraduate or postgraduate courses in accordance with the Policy on Micro-credentials.
The University of Western Australia