(Not available in 2021)
The fully online Undergraduate Certificate in Earth Science generates knowledge and understanding of how our planet works, the time and spatial scales on which geological processes operate, and the importance to society of Earth's valuable mineral, energy and water resources. This certificate provides hands-on and transferable scientific, problem solving and communication skills that aim to enhance student's employability in resource exploration and production.
Units in the certificate form the basis for continuing at UWA with a major in Geology or Marine and Coastal Processes, with high-quality training and a well-established history of successful industry and government collaboration.
Classes start 27 July 2020. Applications close 24 July 2020.
- Study mode
$5,000Discounted to $2,500 until 24 July
What you'll learn
Diversity and function of plants and animals and their interactions with the environment.
Fundamental geological concepts and processes and how to apply these to real-world issues.
How to identify, analyse and solve problems.
Why study this course?
- Get a head start towards bachelor’s study and get a taste of earth sciences at UWA.
- Take a step towards a job in a field you’re passionate about.
- Develop an understanding of our planet and the use of our valuable natural resources.
- Develop your critical thinking and communication skills.
How does it work?
All units will be delivered online and you’ll have access to your unit coordinator for any questions about your course. Assessment may include a combination of participation, assignments and exams.
What's next after this course?
- Future study
- On completion of the certificate, you can take your studies further with a Bachelor of Science. You will have a head start in the following majors:
- Career outcomes
- Geology assistants
- Field/technical assistants
- Areas including geology or marine and coastal processes
- Students with ATAR Mathematics
- ANHB1102 Human Biology II: Being Human
- CHEM1001 Chemistry – Properties and Energetics
- CHEM1002 Chemistry – Structure and Reactivity
- CHEM1003 Introductory Chemistry
- CHEM1004 Biological Chemistry
- ECON1120 Environmental Economics 1
- NEUR1001 Neuroscience in Society
- PSYC1102 Psychology: Behaviour in Context
- SCIE1104 Science, Society and Data Analysis
- SCIE1106 Molecular Biology of the Cell
- SSEH1102 Applied Anatomy and Athletic Performance
- SSEH1103 Physical Fitness and Health
- SSEH1104 Active Leadership 1: Developing Leadership Skills
Note: PACM1101 can be taken in the Winter Teaching Period
- Students without ATAR Mathematics
Note: PACM1101 or MATH1720 can be taken in the Winter Teaching Period