(Not available in 2021)
The Graduate Certificate in Agricultural Economics will develop your expertise in agricultural markets, trade, economics and policy.
You will be taught by leading academics in the field and have the opportunity to develop strong industry and professional links to increase your career opportunities upon completion. This certificate can also be used as credit into our Master of Agricultural Economics, which provides the opportunity for you to further develop your skills to become a leader in the field.
- Start date
- Study mode
Knowledge of the current microeconomic approaches as they apply to the field of agriculture.
The concepts and principles in economics and business management, and the analytical tools to make strategic decisions.
Advanced communication, problem solving and data analysis skills.
Why study this course?
- Get a semester head start towards the Master of Agricultural Economics.
- Take a step towards a job in a field you’re passionate about.
- Utilise UWA's strong links with industry and professional networks to increase your career opportunities.
- AGRI5402 Agribusiness
- ECON5003 Microeconomic Theory for Agricultural and Environmental Economics
- SCIE4402 Data Management and Analysis in the Natural Sciences
- Option unit
What's next after this course?
- Future study
- This graduate certificate can serve as an entry pathway to a master’s degree. Units completed in the graduate certificate can be credited towards the Master of Agricultural Economics.
- Career outcomes
- Agricultural economist
- Agricultural consultant
- Farm manager
- Finance and banking professional