Partially completed research degree

If you have started a Higher Degree by Research at another university, you may be eligible to transfer your research to UWA.

Applying for admission with a partially completed research degree from another university

Research students are welcome to apply for a place at UWA based on current or previous enrolment in a partially completed program, noting:

  • candidature time already used will normally be deducted from the candidature time limit for the degree at UWA,
  • evidence of withdrawal from the current enrolment including the amount of EFTSL consumed will be required prior to commencement at UWA,
  • Research Training Program (RTP) scholarships are not transferable between universities and an application for scholarship will need to be submitted in the normal process.

When submitting an application, you will be asked to include:

  • a statement of circumstances leading to the change of university,
  • a completion plan that includes a detailed timeline of remaining tasks.

International applicants may be required to provide a university release letter if enrolled for less than 6 months.

Please submit your application via the UWA HDR Application Portal.