Scholarships support the position of The University of Western Australia as one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities, the premier research institution in WA and the university of choice for a large number of higher degree by research students.
The purpose of UWA scholarships and awards is to ensure equity and access for all students and to reward and acknowledge excellence in our community. Indigenous students are encouraged to apply for the large number of scholarships available across a range of disciplines.
Scholarship rounds for commencement in 2021
Applications open from 1 July 2020 until 31 August 2020 for commencement by 30 June 2021.
Domestic and UWA International Graduates-only round
Applications open from 1 September 2020 until 30 October 2020 for commencement by 31 March 2021.
UWA has a range of postgraduate research scholarships available for students to undertake higher degrees by research, including Research Training Program stipends and University Postgraduate Awards (UPA).
To be eligible to apply for domestic postgraduate scholarships, an applicant must be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen. UWA also offers a number of prestigious postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding students who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
- Research Training Program stipends and University Postgraduate Awards (UPA)
- Hackett Postgraduate Scholarships
- Forrest Research Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships
- Jean Rogerson Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Robert and Maude Gledden Postgraduate Scholarships
- Dean's Excellence in Arts, Business, Law and Education PhD Scholarships
- Indigenous postgraduate research supplementary scholarships
Find a potential supervisor
We can help you determine your eligibility and find a supervisor in your proposed research area. Contact your HDR Support Team, as below: