Records and Archives
Records Management Services
As the custodian of the active University records collection, Records Management Services provides a range of services for University staff to support the creation, capture, management of, and appropriate access to, the active records of the University.
Specific activities include:
- maintaining the University’s electronic document and records management system (EDRMS), TRIM, to ensure its continuing support of the University’s business needs
- the provision of timely and appropriate access to corporate records
- the provision of records management advice and training to University staff
- developing record management standards, policies and procedures that ensure the University’s compliance with relevant legislation
- ensuring lawful retention, storage and disposal of the records maintained by RMS
- provision of information on how to manage University records
- TRIM Helpdesk and TRIM training
- developing enhancements for TRIM, including integration with other business systems and workflow, to further expand its functionality
As the custodians of the corporate memory the University Archives provides and facilitates a reference service to staff and the public to help unlock the recorded memory captured in images and in the written word.
The University Archives collection holds material dating back to the founding of our University in 1911 and its history is rich and varied. The archives collection incorporates both the official administrative records as well as private papers from Academics, staff, students and individuals closely associated with this university.
Collections material can be accessed in the Special collections reading room. Some collections material that is State archives may have access restrictions or other conditions, so we recommend that you plan in advance and contact us prior to your visit to facilitate your research.
The University Archives will consider donations that enhance and complement its existing collection.
Archives related links
Contact the Archives team
By appointment only
Send an firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch+61 8 6488 7234