Focus your search
Before you begin, choose what to search for.
- OneSearch searches all of UWA Library’s online and physical collections and is the default search option. This option will provide the most search results.
- Exclude Articles and Reviews will limit your search results to books, journals and other physical items located in the UWA Library in your search results. This is the best option if you are looking for a specific book.
- WorldCat searches for books and other content from other libraries around the world. This option is useful if you would like to make a Get It request.
Find books in the library using OneSearch
On the results page you can see if a book is available, the library location of the book, and the number on the book’s spine (call number).
- If a book is not available you may be able to request it (see next section).
- The location of a book indicates both the Library building and which collection it is in.
- The call number provides the exact location of the book on the shelf. Books in our libraries are ordered by this number.
Helpful links at the top of every page
There are helpful links in the banner at the top of OneSearch including:
- access My Favourites and My Library Account
- check your search history
- use Database Search to search for a specific database or browse databases by subject
- access Get It to request items from another library