Academic Conduct Essentials (ACE)
Academic Conduct Essentials (ACE) is a compulsory online unit that introduces UWA students to the basics of ethical scholarship and the expectations for correct academic conduct at UWA.
All coursework students enrolled in a UWA course are required to complete ACE in their first semester of study. You will be automatically enrolled in ACE, and the unit is available to you through the UWA Learning Management System. The four modules introduce you to important requirements of academic scholarship and ethical conduct; helping you to be better prepared for your studies. Quizzes are released on the completion of each of the modules. A score of at least 80% across the four quizzes is required for successful completion. The unit should take you approximately two hours to complete.
Please complete ACE as early as possible. If ACE is not completed, an encumbrance will be applied to your student record. This will mean you will be unable to view your results from all enrolled units, re-enrol into new units, graduate or order official student documents until ACE is successfully completed and the encumbrance is lifted.
Check in your LMS for the required completion date for the ACE unit you are enrolled in.
Some of the many student responses to ACE:
"How to reference correctly..."
"How to study and research effectively..."
"Some good study tips..."
"Ethical scholarship and time management..."
"The difference between collaboration and collusion..."
The ACE modules cover:
- the principles of academic integrity and why it is so important to your learning
- the practices of academic integrity
- the consequences for breaching academic integrity
- your role in promoting and upholding academic integrity
- the links between academic, personal and professional integrity
If you have completed ACE you can access the unit for revision at any time by following the steps below to self-enrol in the open version of ACE. This option is open to all interested UWA students or staff.
- Login to the LMS using your Pheme account details.
- Go to this URL.
- Click on the + Enrol link to the left of your screen.
- From the Self-Enrolment screen click on the [Submit] button.
- The system will say success. Click on [OK] to be taken to the open ACE unit.
askUWA has an in-depth list of FAQs about CARS. You can also “Ask a Question” if you need more help.ask.uwa.edu.au
StudySmarter offers a range of workshops, drop-in sessions and online resources to help get more out of your study.StudySmarter
The University Library provides guides that can help with your research and study skills.uwa.edu.au/library