Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level with a postgraduate degree and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Master of Commerce
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Industry partner discount
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and either:
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
(c) at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; or
(2) significant work experience including at least 5 years with a material level of responsibility.
Ranking and Selection Process
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
About the course
A postgraduate qualification in Commerce from the internationally accredited UWA Business School can boost your employment opportunities around the world.
Our world-class academics and leading industry partners will ensure you are exposed to the latest theory and practice. Alongside this, you will have the opportunity to take part in extracurricular activities – from careers fairs and networking events, through to joining student groups and attending professional development workshops and guest lectures from senior executives.
- Available 2020/2021
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Part-time only
- Semester 1, Semester 2
- 12 hours per week per unit (a mix of online content through videos, plus other media, activities and assessments)
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
Students of this course study the foundation of business to develop knowledge and skills vital for the management of core business functions.
Students of the Graduate Certificate in Commerce (Online) will be able to:
- Critically analyse and synthesise knowledge across the core functions of business.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with managers and personnel of specialist business functions.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Commerce (Online) will apply their knowledge to plan and manage the coordination of resources within and across business functions; effectively participate in and contribute to business projects; and to analyse and solve business problems as they arise.
The UWA Business School is accredited through both EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System, and AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These are the leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America respectively, meaning that your business degree will be recognised by employers around the world.
Industry partner discount
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for:
- Local students with flexible learning requirements. For example, work, family commitments or self-employed.
- Recent graduates contemplating a Masters-level course and wanting take take the first step.
- Interstate students, wishing to gain a qualification from a Go8 university.
Why study this course?
- Great grounding of broad business principles developing a range of skills;
- Entry pathway into postgraduate study;
- Flexibility in delivery modes to suit a wide variety of circumstances.