Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flexible
Events you may be interested in
Smart Justice: How we can reform a broken system
Hear from innovative researchers and practitioners exploring new ideas and evidence-informed solutions to challenging social problems
- Categories: Local event - at UWA campus
- Audiences: Studying at UWAGraduates or near graduatesProfessionalsStudying at another tertiary institution
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Master of Business Administration Intensive
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate - fee paying students
The Annual Fee is an estimate only based on a standard annual study load of 48 points.
For Commonwealth Supported Places, student contribution amounts are charged by unit. For an accurate fee estimate, go to the Fee Calculator and select “I want to price my units”.
For Full Fee Paying places, students are charged an annual course fee. Visit the Fee Calculator and select your course to see the annual and total course fees.
Industry partner discount
If you're a high-achieving student, you may be eligible for one of these UWA Business School MBA scholarships:
- Mining Leaders Scholarship
- Viburnum Funds MBA Career Acceleration Scholarship
- MBA Indigenous Scholarship
To be considered, applicants must submit a completed MBA Flexible course application.
Visit the Scholarships website for more funding opportunities.
Cost of living
Postgraduate – onshore students
Annual course fees are calculated based on a standard annual study load of 48 credit points.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA and at least three years of relevant documented professional experience; and
(i) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent; or
(ii) a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of at least 5501; or
(iii) at least two additional years of relevant documented professional experience considered by UWA to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course;
(b)(i) a UWA graduate certificate which articulates with this course; and
(ii) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 65 per cent;
(c)(i) a Graduate Certificate in Business, or an equivalent qualification from a post-experience and accredited course, as recognised by UWA; and
(ii) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 70 per cent.
1GMAT scores are valid for five years.
Ranking and Selection Process
(a) a satisfactory personal statement, as recognised by UWA;
(b) two satisfactory referees, as recognised by UWA.
MBA Flexible application requirements
Applicants should submit their application online with the following documentation. High-quality colour scans of original documents are to be uploaded into the application portal prior to assessment.
• Original proof of citizenship (one of the following):
o passport (and visa if necessary)
o birth certificate
o Australian Citizenship certificate
• Original academic transcripts (unless previously from UWA)
• Proof of academic English language skills
• A valid GMAT test score report (if your WAM/GPA is less than 60 per cent and you have less than five years of work experience)
• A personal statement
• A current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining a minimum of three years of professional work experience from completion of your bachelor's degree and including two referee names and contact details
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application. Read more here about uploading scanned documents.
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
Our MBA suite of programs is running remotely. If you have any queries, please contact our Professional Programs Adviser on 131 UWA / firstname.lastname@example.org
About the course
- Available 2020/2021
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Trimester 1, 2, 3, 2020 [Delivered online for Tri 1 and 2]
- The estimated time commitment is 12 hours per unit per week which includes contact hours, personal study and examinations.
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
You'll learn to
- For Trimester 1 2020 entry, applications close 5 January 2020.
Our MBA program is ranked #1 in Oceania for Entrepreneurship & Alumni Outcomes.
Meet our graduates
“My MBA has played a pivotal role in my career change towards senior management.
Being an engineering graduate with technical skill sets, the MBA bridged my knowledge gap in the areas of team building, leadership, operations planning and strategic management.”
Rutwik Pungliya, MBA ‘19,
Senior International Regional Manager at The University of Western Australia
UWA MBA graduates earn highest salaries nationally
According to MBA News, graduates of the UWA MBA program earn the highest salaries in the country after completing their MBA - $198,982 per annum only three months after completing their course. The average graduate age is 34.
Who is this course ideal for
Why study this course
- An MBA from UWA provides access to a substantial peer network and alumni network of Perth’s business leaders and high-potential future leaders.
- An MBA from UWA equips you with broadened management skill-sets that helps to both ‘future-proof’ your career journey and open up new career opportunities.
- Learn from world-class faculty and industry practitioners as to what ‘works’ at senior decision-making level in business.
- Learn vital skills in finance, organisation, marketing, economics and leadership to assist your managerial career development and potential.
Highest-ranked MBA in WA
Industry partner discount
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study part time, a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.