Master of Business Analytics
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Graduates may be employed in a range of industry globally. Outcomes include:
- Data analyst
- Business analyst
- Market economist/analyst
- Financial analyst
- Human resource analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Insights analyst
- Data consultant
- Senior business analyst
Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate - fee paying students
The Annual Fee is an estimate only based on a standard annual study load of 48 points.
For Commonwealth Supported Places, student contribution amounts are charged by unit. For an accurate fee estimate, go to the Fee Calculator and select “I want to price my units”.
For Full Fee Paying places, students are charged an annual course fee. Visit the Fee Calculator and select your course to see the annual and total course fees.
Industry partner discount
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
Postgraduate – onshore students
Annual course fees are calculated based on a standard annual study load of 48 credit points.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification incorporating at least one unit of statistics, as recognised by UWA; and either:
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
(c) at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; or
(2) completed a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics at UWA.
Ranking and Selection Process
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
About the course
- Available 2020/2021
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Semester 1, Semester 2
You may also be interested in these courses
The UWA Business School is accredited through both EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System, and AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These are the leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America respectively, meaning that your business degree will be recognised by employers around the world.
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
This course includes a Business Analytics Industry Project unit which is a project-based unit used to enhance and demonstrate your cognitive skills surrounding the application and interpretation of data analytics in a business context, and to develop communication skills to transfer knowledge clearly, effectively and appropriately in relation to data analytics issues.
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for:
- Senior management or professionals who wish to upskill in a growing area allowing you to make stronger and more informed business decisions.
- Recent Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates seeking more intensive study in business analytics.
- Recent Business or Commerce graduates who have specialised in management or accounting and who desire additional capabilities in information and logistics management.
- Recent Engineering or Science graduates who have specialised in computer science or data science wanting to apply their knowledge to a business and management context.
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study part time, a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.
Industry partner discount
Why study business or data analytics
“The volume of information available to organisations is growing exponentially and, in parallel, so is demand for professionals skilled in data systems and analytics. But with the supply of data professionals lagging, those with verifiable skills and reliable credentials are commanding exceptional salaries.” – The Australian, 2019
Average annual salary for data scientists – AU$111,846 (Indeed, 2019)
Average annual salary for business analyst – AU$81,401 (PayScale, 2019)
Students of the Master of Business Analytics will graduate with a range of skills, including:
- The ability to understand the theoretical background of data analytics and data processing of unstructured data
- Specialised technical skills to understand, apply and interpret the various approaches to data analysis, be able to adapt strategies to a specific situation and understand the limitations of data
- Be able to understand the ethical issues related to protecting the rights of individuals and the integrity of data collected and analysed
- Communication skills to transfer knowledge clearly, effectively and appropriately in relation to data analytics issues
- The ability to identify and implement the use of data analytics tools and techniques in a variety of business disciplines