Master of Business Analytics
Events you may be interested in
Graduate Research School Information Evening
We invite you to participate in the Graduate Research School’s information session for prospective students in all disciplines interested in applying for admission to a Higher Degree by Research program.
- Categories: Local event - at UWA campus
- Audiences: Studying at UWAGraduates or near graduates
Campus Tour in your Language
Current students will take you on a campus tour in your language and our Future Students team will be ready to answer all your questions.
- Categories: Local event - at UWA campus
- Audiences: A secondary school student in Year 10A secondary school student in Year 11A secondary school student in Year 12A mature age student pursuing my first degreeA parent of a prospective studentA secondary school career adviser or teacherStudying at another tertiary institution
UWA Open Day - Chennai
Join us at UWA's Open Day in Chennai
- Categories: International
- Audiences: A parent of a prospective studentStudying at another tertiary institutionGraduates or near graduatesA secondary school student in Year 10A secondary school student in Year 11A secondary school student in Year 12A secondary school career adviser or teacher
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level with a postgraduate degree and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Graduates may be employed in a range of industry globally. Outcomes include:
- Data analyst
- Business analyst
- Market economist/analyst
- Financial analyst
- Human resource analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Insights analyst
- Data consultant
- Senior business analyst
Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent; or
(b) a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of at least 550; or
(c) at least five years of relevant, documented professional experience considered by UWA to be sufficient to permit satisfactory completion of the course; or
(2) Completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics with a WAM of 60%.
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
About The Course
- Available 2020
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Semester 1, Semester 2
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
This course includes a Business Analytics Industry Project unit which is a project-based unit used to enhance and demonstrate your cognitive skills surrounding the application and interpretation of data analytics in a business context, and to develop communication skills to transfer knowledge clearly, effectively and appropriately in relation to data analytics issues.
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for:
- Senior management or professionals who wish to upskill in a growing area allowing you to make stronger and more informed business decisions.
- Recent Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates seeking more intensive study in business analytics.
- Recent Business or Commerce graduates who have specialised in management or accounting and who desire additional capabilities in information and logistics management.
- Recent Engineering or Science graduates who have specialised in computer science or data science wanting to apply their knowledge to a business and management context.
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study part time, a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.
Why study business or data analytics
“The volume of information available to organisations is growing exponentially and, in parallel, so is demand for professionals skilled in data systems and analytics. But with the supply of data professionals lagging, those with verifiable skills and reliable credentials are commanding exceptional salaries.” – The Australian, 2019
Average annual salary for data scientists – AU$111,846 (Indeed, 2019)
Average annual salary for business analyst – AU$81,401 (PayScale, 2019)
Students of the Master of Business Analytics will graduate with a range of skills, including:
- The ability to understand the theoretical background of data analytics and data processing of unstructured data
- Specialised technical skills to understand, apply and interpret the various approaches to data analysis, be able to adapt strategies to a specific situation and understand the limitations of data
- Be able to understand the ethical issues related to protecting the rights of individuals and the integrity of data collected and analysed
- Communication skills to transfer knowledge clearly, effectively and appropriately in relation to data analytics issues
- The ability to identify and implement the use of data analytics tools and techniques in a variety of business disciplines