Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours)
Make a real difference to young children’s lives and equip them with the skills, knowledge and values needed to succeed in the world, now and in the future.
The learning experience
UWA facilities include lecture theatres, case study rooms and break-out areas for group work and individual study.
One of Australia’s most picturesque campuses
Five residential colleges
Vibrant student experience
Vibrant student experience
Adjacent to the Swan River, our Perth campus is among the most picturesque in Australia with iconic sandstone buildings sitting among heritage-listed gardens. We’re just 10 minutes from Perth’s main shopping and business district and close to many of the city’s stunning beaches.
On campus, you’ll have an array of essential amenities to enjoy, including cafés, libraries, bookshops, a vibrant cultural precinct and tonnes of clubs and societies to join and experience student life to its fullest. Our supportive Student Guild means you can try your hand at volunteering, get independent advice on a range of matters or attend one of the many varied events on and off campus.
Fees and scholarships
Domestic Student Fees
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Scholarships for Indigenous Australians
There are numerous scholarships available to Indigenous Australians studying at The University of Western Australia whether you are a commencing student or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree.
Careers and further study
Teaching in government and non-government schools in WA and Australia.
It’s a portable qualification that can be used for teaching positions overseas. Additional opportunities in a range of education-related industries.
- Primary school teacher
- Educational administrator
- Community educator
- Education publications writer
- Professional tutor
Further study opportunities
Further your professional development and learning with one of the following courses:
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing
- Master of Education (with specialisations in mental health and emotional wellbeing; educational leadership; learning and teaching)
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Research
- Doctor of Education (EdD) or PhD.
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) achieved an ATAR of at least 75, or equivalent as recognised by UWA; or
(b) an assured pathway offer; or
(c) a place in a relevant UWA access program.
Online personal statement
As part of applying for entry to this course, you are required to submit an online personal statement demonstrating you have the necessary personal characteristics to become a successful educator.
We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the Inherent Requirement Domains for an Initial Teacher Education Professional Practice PDF before submitting your personal statement.
About the Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours)
The Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) will equip you with critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills so you can develop best practices for your career. You'll learn about effective teaching approaches, how children learn and how to create safe, supportive and engaging learning environments.
About the course
Make a real difference to young children’s lives and equip them with the skills, knowledge and values needed to succeed in the world, now and in the future. This distinctive undergraduate teacher education degree prepares you to be a teacher from Foundation to Year 6 and gives you the skills and knowledge to be profession-ready.
- Available in 2024
- 75 or equivalent
- 4 years full time or part-time equivalent
5 reasons to study the Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at UWA
Find out about the hands-on opportunities, innovative teaching approach and more with the Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) that will set you up with skills and knowledge to make a real difference in young children’s lives.
You may also be interested in
Get in touch with us
If you want more information on this course our Future Students team is ready to answer all your questions.
Why study this course?
- Learn from innovative and inspiring lecturers who are focused on your success.
- Enhance your career-readiness through completing a research project or advanced professional project in your final semester.
- You can undertake professional placements in regional and remote regions of WA. Scholarships available.
- Close partnerships with primary schools that offer additional opportunities for volunteering, further learning and connections with practising teachers.
You’ll learn to
- Navigate a classroom with up to 100 days professional placement in schools
- Design programs of learning for primary school children closely linked with the Australian curriculum
- Utilise a range of educational technologies