Your Path to University SuccessFairway UWA is a cohort experience designed for high-achieving Year 12 students with aspirations of attending university. Applications are open to eligible students from Broadway-identified schools across Western Australia, and those facing financial disadvantage. This educational support program offers a unique opportunity to join a community of like-minded peers and successfully transition to university life.
What We Offer
- A Thriving Community: Immerse yourself in a supportive community of like-minded peers. Forge lasting friendships with fellow high school students who share your ambitions.
- Guided by Mentors: Benefit from the wisdom of current UWA students who will mentor and guide you through the university experience, offering valuable insights and advice.
- UWA Experience: Participate in engaging activities and workshops designed to provide you with a taste of UWA degrees. Discover your passions and potential career paths.
- Application Guidance: Receive guidance and support in the TISC and UWA application process.
- Campus Familiarity: Get acquainted with the beautiful UWA campus and explore the diverse range of university courses available. Feel at home in your future academic environment.
- Academic Support: We're here to help you succeed in your final year of high school, providing access to study assistance and revision classes to excel in your studies.
- Financial assistance: Costs associated with the Fairway program, including travel to campus and accommodation for regional students, are covered by UWA. Students that successfully complete the Fairway program are eligible for a range of scholarships.
“Fairway to me is a program that allows me to meet new people and make many new friends at my same age outside of my school. It also encourages me to try hard in Year 12 and prepare for university. I learned so many new things and had a lot of fun through the program.” Fairway Year 12 student, 2023
2024 Program Commitments
Within the Fairway program, there are crucial in-person events held at UWA's Crawley campus during school holidays. These include a Summer School residential program in January, a winter event in July, and a year-end celebration in November. In addition, during terms 1, 2, and 3, we offer online engagements to provide information and support for your final year of school and transition to university studies.
For parents and guardians of Fairway students there will be in-person and online engagements early in 2024, where you can meet the UWA team and learn how we can help you support your students on their university journey.
- January school holidays: Summer School residential camp at UWA
- Term 1, 2 and 3: Online engagements for information and support
- July school holidays: Winter event at UWA
Places in the 2024 Fairway UWA program are limited. To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- A current Year 11 student in 2023, commencing Year 12 in 2024
- A predicted ATAR of 85 or above (after Broadway adjustment if eligible)
- Currently hold an Australian citizenship, permanent residency in Australia, New Zealand citizenship or an Australian Humanitarian visa
- Currently studying at a Broadway UWA School or have individual financial hardship* and are experiencing education disadvantage, such as:
- Living in a regional or remote area
- An unsupportive study environment, or excess family responsibilities
- Experience of a disrupted migrant passage to Australia
- A disability or medical condition that hinders their studies
- Being in a care situation or ward of the state, or
- Other disadvantage not covered in above points
*Financial hardship is defined as Commonwealth income support or Commonwealth means tested
Fairway means assistance into university and further study. Being regional, information is limited about university and it feels like you are going in blind. Fairway means a pathway into somewhere that seems very daunting for many students, but it’s made that move seem more exciting as ever, especially as it has allowed me to make so many connections with other students who will be studying here too.” Fairway Year 12 student, 2023
Connect with us
Fairway offers a range of fun activities and workshops, advice in applying for uni, online tutoring, as well as opportunities to make new friends, meet inspiring student mentors and learn more about the future courses you could study at UWA.
Fairway helped me feel more comfortable coming to university. And helped me make friends that I’m still in contact with now to have lunch with and help navigate the campus with." Fairway university student
Contact Fairway UWA:
Phone: +618 6488 6855
Email: [email protected]
On an upward tech trajectory
Syed Gilani is studying the Bachelor of Advanced Computer Science (Honours) with a double major in International Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence (AI).Read more
Finding your feet through Fairway
If you’re in high school and wondering if university is for you, Matt Offer is proof great things can happen when you take a chance.Read more
How a top ATAR student found his passion for medicine
Travelling the remotest parts of our State and witnessing first-hand a lack of medical expertise and resources available to many communities was the catalyst for suburban Perth teenager Aldric Ratnasekera to study medicine at The University of Western Australia.Read more