(Not available in 2021)
The fully online Graduate Certificate in Science (Hydrogeology specialisation) will provide you with an understanding of the importance, distribution and flow of groundwater systems, and essential skills related to sustainable use of this critical resource.
You will be taught by leading academics in the field and have the opportunity to develop strong industry and professional links to increase your career opportunities upon completion. The certificate can also be used as credit into our Master of Hydrogeology, which will provide the opportunity to further develop your skills to become a leader in the field. The master’s degree also provides an opportunity for you to undertake a research project.
To apply for this course, please choose the Graduate Certificate in Science (Course Code 74250) and do not select a major or specialisation in our application portal. Once you have applied for the course our admissions team will assist you to enrol in units within this field.
- Start date
- Study mode
$5,000Discounted to $2,500 until 24 July
- Course code
Advanced understanding of hydrogeological systems and the sustainable use of groundwater.
Advanced skills and knowledge in the monitoring and assessment of environmental systems using field, laboratory, modelling and statistical methods and techniques.
Advanced communication, problem solving and technical research skills.
Why study this course?
- Get a semester head start towards the Master of Hydrogeology.
- Take a step towards a job in a field you’re passionate about.
- Utilise UWA's strong links with industry and professional networks to increase your career opportunities.
- GEOS4499 Water in a Changing Climate
- ENVT4411 Geographic Information Systems Applications
- GEOS4401 Hydrogeological Systems
- GEOS4403 Introduction to Basin Analysis or GEOS4418 Basin Analysis Techniques or GEOP4002 Near-Surface and Environmental Geophysics
What's next after this course?
- Future study
- This graduate certificate can serve as an entry pathway to a master’s degree. Units completed in the graduate certificate can be credited towards the Master of Hydrogeology.
- Career outcomes
- Environmental consultant
- Environmental manager