Business and Commerce
Develop your business acumen, grow expert knowledge, work on real business case studies and undertake internships and practical projects to prepare you for a fulfilling career in industry, government or not for profit sectors.
Gain real-world industry experience and networks before you graduate at WA's top ranked Business School.
By studying business and commerce, you’ll gain an understanding of how businesses and organisations work from the inside out. You can expect to develop the critical decision-making skills needed in projects, and build a career transferable to the workforce anywhere in the world. Through a variety of units where business theory is applied via practical activities, you’ll learn the nuts and bolts of industries such as accounting, sales, finance, marketing, business management and human resources.
We are accredited through leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America – both the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- #1 Best Business School in WA and #4 in Australia
(AFR BOSS Best Business Schools 2023)
- 30+ active industry supporters
including AGL Energy, CBH Group, Chevron, Fortescue Metals, Reserve Bank of Australia, Wesfarmers Limited and Woodside.
- 15+ Business School student clubs
including the Student Managed Investment Fund, Women in Business, Bloom Startup, Enactus, UWA Consulting Society, ECOMS and the Graduate Management Association.
- UWA Business School is a signatory of the UN PRME
An initiative of the United Nations Global Compact.
- An exceptional MBA program
that ranks best in Oceania for Entrepreneurship and Alumni Outcomes (QS Global MBA Rankings Oceania 2023).
Sign up to hear from us
Stay up-to-date with the latest information about studying at UWA including, our courses and career pathways, events and webinars, key dates, what uni life is really like, tips for studying plus, so much more!Register your details
Access state-of-the-art training facilities
The Rosemarie Nathanson Financial Markets Trading Room is a state-of-the-art trading and analysis centre where you can gain access to real-time data from more than 400 global markets. The largest trading room and training facility of its kind in Australia, this facility offers access to industry-standard tools you would find in a real hedge fund or trading desk.
Women in Economics and Finance
We had the opportunity to speak with a group of accomplished women, shaking things up in the business world and who all have a background in economics or finance. From students and academics at UWA to influential industry leaders, each of them shared their perspectives on diverse leadership and emphasised the need to continue the transformative culture shift in today's business environment.Read more
Seek your pathway to a global business career.
Globally, employers recognise the quality of a UWA degree in business.
As an alumnus of UWA who is heavily involved in the health system as CEO of HBF, I am very proud to chair the Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership and Management. This new course is a much-needed boost to health services education and I think it will be very popular.John Van Der Wielen
CEO of HBF
Chair of the Advisory Committee for UWA’s Certificate in Health Leadership and Management
Where our graduates go
I found myself in environment, health and safety (EHS) risk management quite organically where, after UWA, I developed a passion for it while working as a management consultant in Strategy and Operations at Deloitte.
I started to get involved in green office refurbs, educated myself on emissions mapping and went to work at Chevron Australia in their Operational Excellence team. This is where I really developed my EHS skills.
I had the pleasure of supporting the planning of the Gorgon Project on Class A nature reserve Barrow Island, and got exposure to exceptionally talented EHS professionals like the late Harry Butler. I then worked in EHS risk consulting on the insurance brokerage side in London over a two-year period. I’ve since combined my two passions and strengths in EHS and management consulting where I have landed as a Senior Manager in EY’s Climate Change & Sustainability Services team (CCaSS) in Perth and now Sydney.
Solid business and management skills are key elements of any profitable company. This means careers are available in almost every sector, as many industries require strong leaders, effective managers, strategic thinkers, expert advisers and market-savvy decision-makers. With your degree, you could choose to take on employment in areas like banking and finance, human resources, consultancy or marketing, or create your own business with the skills you gain. Big or small, global or local, companies all over the world seek business graduates like you.
- Advertising manager
- Business analyst
- Chief executive officer (CEO)
- Finance officer
- Government or corporate policy adviser
- Human resources adviser
- Marketing manager
- Supply chain manager
- Tax accountant
- Trade policy adviser
- Active Citizenship
- Applied Statistical Learning
- Behavioural Data Science
- Chinese Language and Culture
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Data Science
- Digital Citizenship
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Humanities
- Indonesian Language and Culture
- Japanese Language and Culture
- Korean Language and Culture
- Learning for the Professions
- Mineral Resource Development
- Ocean Innovation
- Science and Policy: Climate Change, Environmental Planning and Urban Environments
- Bachelor's degrees
- Combined bachelor’s degrees
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Human Rights and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Modern Languages and Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Philosophy, Politics and Economics and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Psychology and Bachelor of Commerce
- Combined bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Integrated honours
- Graduate certificates
- Graduate Certificate in Business
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Business Information and Logistics Management
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce (Online)
- Graduate Certificate in Economics
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources and Employment Relations
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Minerals and Energy Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Graduate Certificate in Social Impact
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication
- Graduate diplomas
- Master’s degrees
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Flexible
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Global (only available for Indian citizens and residents)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Intensive
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Business Information and Logistics Management
- Master of Business Psychology
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Commerce and Master of Translation Studies
- Master of Economics
- Master of Human Resources and Employment Relations
- Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting (Chartered Accounting)
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Strategic Communication
- Research degrees
Articles you might like
Have a question? Get in touch with us