Extensive study spaces and convenient facilities at the heart of the Crawley campus
The Reid Library houses more than 2000 study spaces, providing students and visitors with a range of options to meet their needs, including collaborative informal study spaces, technology-equipped group work rooms, and silent study spaces for deep focus. Completed in 1964, Reid Library was UWA’s first purpose-built library, and the building was awarded a Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Bronze Medal.
Reid Library has adapted to radical technological changes, accommodated the growing University community and remains one of the busiest and most loved spaces on campus. The ground floor was extensively refurbished in 2016.
The Reid Library houses the humanities and social sciences collections and Special Collections. Features include a café, a dedicated postgraduate study space, bookable group study spaces, teaching spaces, parents room with breastfeeding facilities and outdoor study spaces on the terrace and balcony.
It is open from 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and from 8am to 8pm on weekends during semester. Outside of these hours, UWA staff and currently enrolled students have 24-hour access to the ground and first floor with their campus card.
You can explore this library's layout by opening a PDF of its floor plans [PDF 18 MB].
24-hour access for students and staff
2,000+ study spaces
Postgraduate study space
- High-use print collection; thousands of online journals and ebooks
- Enhanced Wi-Fi access and technological capabilities
- Resource room
- Postgraduate study space
- Parents room with breastfeeding facilities
- Library computers with headsets
- 12 bookable group study spaces
- Seminar room
- The Circle (learning space)
- Hemsley Learning Suite
- Collaborative study areas
- Silent study areas
- Library and Student IT help
- Automatic sliding doors at entry on the ground floor
- Automatic sliding doors at entry on the first floor (2019) via west ramp
- Lift access from ground to all upper floors
- Ground floor has a unisex accessible toilet/shower unit with standard entry door and distress button
- First to third floors have standard toilets on each floor but alternating male and female accessed through the heavy fire door in the stairwells east and west
- First floor has accessible toilet/parent room southwest corner with standard door entrance
- Second floor northeast corner has a unisex accessible toilet with standard door entrance
2018 Australian book awards exhibition in Reid Library
Visit the Reid Library for summer inspiration: our two exhibition cabinets are showcasing Australian 2018 Literary Award winning books and the 2018 Australian Book Design Awards (ABDA).Read more
New study spaces on Reid balcony
New furniture, Wi-Fi and outdoor powerpoints have been installed on the Reid balcony, creating a modern, fully connected outdoor study space.Read more
Get in touch(+61 8) 6488 1255
SMS PAM (Please Assist Me) for help0481 070 058
Send an enquiryAskUWA
Find us on campusMap