Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination
The Hong Kong Advanced Level Examinations (HKALE) is conducted by the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority for university entrance in Hong Kong.
The University of Western Australia welcomes applications from students who have completed the HKALE program. To be admitted to the University, you must:
- satisfy the University's English language competence requirement by satisfactory performance in one of the English subjects detailed in the table below
- achieve a sufficient number of points to be offered a place
- satisfy any prerequisite subject requirements for your chosen course and major
Minimum entry scores
HKALE students must meet equivalent entry standards to other applicants. The following table provides an overview of the points considered equivalent to various Australian Tertiary Admission Ranks.
|HKALE Points||ATAR equivalent|
- Points are assigned on the basis that at advanced level: A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1.
- A minimum of two advanced level subjects will be used in the calculation of the aggregate.
To satisfy course and major prerequisites, HKALE subjects will require individual assessment for equivalents to WA Certificate of Education courses.