How to Apply
Secondary teachers are tasked with educating the next generation of business people, leaders and members of society. UWA is committed to producing graduates of the highest calibre who provide inspired teaching and visionary educational leadership into the future. You can pursue a Master of Teaching (Secondary) at UWA after completing a bachelor's degree in any discipline. Studying teaching at UWA enables you to work at schools in Australia and overseas.
Pathways for mature-age students
- professional knowledge in both theory and essential practice within real classrooms
- technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse and theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship
- how to bring creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning
cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate and analyse complex information, problems, concepts and theories and apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice
- all the necessary tools to become a successful and confident teacher.
Assured Pathways for high school leavers
- ATAR only (subject to meeting prerequisites)
- Any major relevant to one or more learning areas in the secondary school curriculum.
 ATAR required depends on bachelor's degree selected. See TISC for details.
Qualifications and TISC codes
Master of Teaching (Secondary) via Bachelor of Biomedical Science: UT006
Master of Teaching (Secondary) via Bachelor of Chemistry: UT027
Master of Teaching (Secondary) via Bachelor of Music: UT008
Master of Teaching (Secondary) via Bachelor of Science: UT004
Master of Teaching (Secondary) via Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Sciences: UT026