Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Graduate Certificate in Business
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate - fee paying students
The Annual Fee is an estimate only based on a standard annual study load of 48 points.
For Commonwealth Supported Places, student contribution amounts are charged by unit. For an accurate fee estimate, go to the Fee Calculator and select “I want to price my units”.
For Full Fee Paying places, students are charged an annual course fee. Visit the Fee Calculator and select your course to see the annual and total course fees.
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Industry partner discount
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent quali?cation, as recognised by UWA;
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
(c) at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; or
(2) significant work experience including at least 5 years with a material level of responsibility.
Ranking and Selection Process
(a) a satisfactory personal statement, as recognised by UWA;
(b) two satisfactory referees, as recognised by UWA.
Applicants should submit their application online with the following documentation. High-quality colour scans of original documents are to be uploaded into the application portal prior to assessment.
- Original proof of citizenship (one of the following):
- passport (and visa if necessary)
- birth certificate
- Australian Citizenship certificate
- Original academic transcripts (unless previously from UWA)
- Proof of English language competency
- A personal statement
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your professional work experience
- Two referee names and contact details
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application. Read more here about uploading scanned documents.
If you need assistance with the application process, please contact our Future Students Team.
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
Our MBA suite of programs is running remotely. If you have any queries, please contact our Professional Programs Adviser on 131 UWA / email@example.com
About the course
- Available 2021
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Part-time only
- Trimester 1, 2, 3
- Students can expect a time commitment of 12 hours per week per unit (comprising 3 hours contact time and 9 hours additional study time).
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
Why study this course
- What you’ll learn from units such as Leading Self, Leading Others, Negotiation Behaviour and Organisational Change and Transformation will totally change the way you approach your work.
- The Leadership units are among the highest-rated by students of all the management-focused postgraduate offerings at the UWA Business School.
- You will learn from lecturers who are exceptional industry practitioners and who communicate the latest leadership thinking in a highly practical manner. You will also learn from your peers in the program and from their workplace leadership experiences.
For Trimester 3 2020 entry, applications open Monday 25 February 2019 and close 16 August 2020.
UWA MBA graduates earn highest salaries nationally
Graduates of the UWA MBA program earn the highest salaries in Australia, almost $200,000 per annum after completing their course, at an average age of 34 (QS Top Universities Global MBA Rankings for 2021).
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study part time, a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.
Related course for mining professionals
Resources industry professionals with a background in mining/metals and oil/gas can undertake the specially-designed Graduate Certificate in Minerals and Energy Management to advance their career, typically from technical roles towards general management positions.
You'll learn to
- understand your own leadership style – and reflect on how effective your approach is.
- use the tools and skill sets required to both understand and lead organisational change.
- become a better leader – including knowing when not to lead but to follow.
Guest speakers and industry practitioners contribute to the courses within the Graduate Certificate of Leadership. The availability and use of guest speakers from industry varies year-on-year, based upon their availability.
The course leaders (and indeed your peers in the course) are active in industry, often working as consultants and coaches in the areas of leadership and organisational change. The connections span many industry sectors including health, resources, government and professional service firms.
What to look for when choosing an MBA program
If you’re considering undertaking an MBA or MBA pathway graduate certificate, it’s important to weigh up your options carefully before deciding which program to join.
Pathway to the MBA
This Graduate Certificate is a pathway to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flexible program.
Graduates who meet the Weighted Average Mark requirements can articulate into the MBA. Points completed for the Graduate Certificate will be fully credited towards the MBA.
Industry partner discount
The UWA Business School is accredited through both EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System, and AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These are the leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America respectively, meaning that your business degree will be recognised by employers around the world.