Graduate Certificate in Business
Events you may be interested inShow more events
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course.
Industry partner discount
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
(c) at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; or
(2) significant work experience including at least 5 years with a material level of responsibility.
Applicants should submit their application online with the following documentation. High-quality colour scans of original documents are to be uploaded into the application portal prior to assessment.
- Original proof of citizenship (one of the following):
- passport (and visa if necessary)
- birth certificate
- Australian Citizenship certificate
- Original academic transcripts (unless previously from UWA)
- Proof of English language competency
- A personal statement
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your professional work experience
- Two referee names and contact details
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application. Read more here about uploading scanned documents.
If you need assistance with the application process, please contact our Future Students Team.
Ranking and Selection Process
(a) a satisfactory personal statement, as recognised by UWA;
(b) two satisfactory referees, as recognised by UWA.
How to apply
About the course
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Trimester 1, 2, 3, 2020 [Delivered online for Tri 1 and 2]
- The estimated time commitment is 12 hours per week per unit which includes contact hours, personal study and examinations.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
For Trimester 1 2021 entry, applications close on 3 January, 2021.
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study the Graduate Certificate in Business fully online as well as part time with a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.
Why study this course?
- Improve your career prospects as a candidate for managerial and senior decision-making roles within organisations.
- Develop key skills of relevance to managing your own business.
- Gain entry to the UWA MBA Flexible program through completing the Graduate Certificate in Business.
UWA MBA graduates earn highest salaries nationally
Graduates of the UWA MBA program earn the highest salaries in Australia, almost $200,000 per annum after completing their course, at an average age of 34 (QS Top Universities Global MBA Rankings for 2021).
Industry partner discount
Related course for mining professionals
Resources industry professionals with a background in mining/metals and oil/gas can undertake the specially-designed Graduate Certificate in Minerals and Energy Management to advance their career, typically from technical roles towards general management positions.
You'll learn to
- understand the foundations of business practice, through study of Organisational Behaviour, Accounting, Economics and Marketing Principles.
- apply the latest management thinking in your own workplace.
- understand organisational culture, strategy and performance.
Guest lecturers from Perth organisations present practical business cases into the program, specifically within the Marketing Principles unit.
While studying, you will have the opportunity to take part in professional development seminars and workshops, and networking events with the UWA Business School’s leading corporate partners.
What to look for when choosing an MBA program
If you’re considering undertaking an MBA or MBA pathway graduate certificate, it’s important to weigh up your options carefully before deciding which program to join.
Pathway to the MBA
This Graduate Certificate is a pathway to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flexible program.
Graduates who meet the Weighted Average Mark requirements can articulate into the MBA. Points completed for the Graduate Certificate will be fully credited towards the MBA.
The UWA Business School is accredited through both EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System, and AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These are the leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America respectively, meaning that your business degree will be recognised by employers around the world.