The learning experience
UWA Exercise and Performance Centre
The UWA Exercise and Performance Centre (EPC) provides individual and group exercise services to improve health, function and physical performance.
Find out more about Sport at UWA
Reach your full potential through sport.
Why choose UWA
Explore our campuses and facilities, get to know the history of our State’s oldest university and discover why a UWA degree can set you up for the careers of the future, not just the jobs of tomorrow.
Discover what life’s really like at university, hear from current students in a variety of courses and learn about the student amenities and support services on offer at UWA.
One of the best ways to find out about studying at UWA is to take part in the many events we offer future students.
Careers and further study
Skills developed from this degree can lead to opportunities in numerous industries. The major career pathways are sports and high performance, clinical exercise physiology, public health, and education.
Job titles include:
- Exercise scientist
- Sports coach
- Sports promoter
- Exercise and health advisor/consultant
To be considered for this course you need to:
- achieve the University’s minimum entry score
- demonstrate English language competence
- satisfy any prerequisites for your preferred majors (refer to individual major descriptions for prerequisite details)
View our admission requirements for specific information, depending on your education history.
Assured Pathway informationIf you have a professional career in mind, take advantage of one of our Assured Pathways. An Assured Pathway gives you an assured place in one of our postgraduate professional courses (such as Law, Engineering or Medicine) from the start of your studies with us. The pathways combine a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, providing you with a clearer direction to your career of choice.
Admission entry to UWA
We offer a number of other pathways for you to gain entry into our undergraduate degrees if you do not meet the standard admission requirements. Learn more about our admission entry pathways.
About the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Sciences
Are you passionate about how sport and exercise play a vital part in general health and performance? Become an accredited Exercise Scientist with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) and improve the health and performance of individuals, employees, athletes and the community. The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Sciences takes a multidisciplinary approach to examine humans’ relationship with sport, exercise and physical activity. Theory is combined with hands-on laboratory and practical work so you have the opportunity to develop technical and communication skills.
Why study Sport and Exercise Sciences at UWA?
- Our award-winning work-integrated learning program will ensure you graduate ‘job ready’.
- Become an Accredited Exercise Scientist with WA’s number one sport & sciences program.
- Help tackle our biggest health challenges by understanding the effects of physical activity on human health and performance.
- February and July
- 3 years full time
- UWA (Crawley campus)
- Specialised Bachelor's Degree
You'll learn to
- demonstrate broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge with depth in the discipline of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- apply well-developed cognitive, creative and communication skills in diverse contexts
- review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge
- exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence
- present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas
- demonstrate skills and knowledge necessary for employment in the discipline of Sport and Exercise Sciences and further study
Graduates may apply to Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) within two years of completing the course for credentialing as an Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES).