UWA Exercise and Performance Centre
Improving health, function and physical performance
The UWA Exercise and Performance Centre (EPC) provides individual and group exercise services to improve health, function and physical performance.
The EPC is linked with the School of Human Sciences clinical training to postgraduate students undertaking Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology.
Exercise services, including individual and group programs, are provided by postgraduate students under the supervision of Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEP).
Upon presentation to the EPC, an initial assessment is conducted including client interview and a physical assessment to identify history and goals. Following the assessment, recommendations, education and other services are provided to suit your exercise and lifestyle.
A variety of clinical programs are run each week through EPC, providing a tailored and supportive environment for clients. Specific programs target a range of health goals, cardiometabolic disease, musculoskeletal pain or injury, cancer, healthy aging, and more.
Exercise physiology consultation and gym access
Initial and subsequent exercise consultations provide tailored exercise services to meet clients' goals including the provision of a self-directed exercise program to complete during supervised gym hours and/or access to group exercise services. All clients require an initial consultation to access the service and determine exercise safety and program goals.
- Individual Consultations (60 min) = Initial $52 or subsequent $40
- Exercise Studio (60 min; three ppl) = $16
- Gym Visit = $10 per visit
Clinical group programs
- Healthy Hearts – Gym-based exercise rehabilitation sessions for those at risk of cardiovascular disease or following a cardiac event
- MediSwim - Aquatic exercise class incorporating strength, mobility and swimming components to address metabolic disease or its risk factors
- CanMoves - Individualised exercise management plan for cancer patients at any stage of disease or treatment
- Movewell – Gym-based strength and fitness class to optimise function or combat age-related declines
- Fit-R – Fitness class designed to challenge participants and cater for individual differences or rehabilitation pathways
Clinical programs and group class times vary, so email email@example.com for more information.
Athletic and performance testing
EPC is a leading provider of group and individual athletic testing and training services in WA conducted by an integrative team of sport scientists and high-performance trainers.
Service packages can be tailored for teams and individuals catering for a variety of goals, performance levels and competitive seasons.
- Physiological testing (e.g. aerobic capacity, anaerobic threshold, efficiency, strength, power and body composition)
- Strength and conditioning
- Environmental training (altitude training and heat acclimation)
- Injury screening and prevention
- Athlete education and development
- Exercise rehabilitation and return-to-sport
- Physical performance/capacity assessment
- Environmental and physical stress assessment
Why study the Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology at UWA?
School of Human Sciences
The School of Human Sciences applies a broad, interdisciplinary approach to understanding human function and how it adapts to change and challenges.
Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
This program will develop your knowledge and skills in preparation for work in the allied health industry.
Optimising physical and mental performance
Our researchers are discovering ways to improve the quality of life by better understanding how we think, feel and move.
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Science is uncovering exactly how it has the power to change our world for the better