How to apply
My first degree
Nice work! Looks like you’re set to graduate from high school and start your first degree as an undergraduate student with us. Find out all about your entry requirements and options below, as well as important dates and FAQs.
Early offers for 2023 entry
Early offers are based on your Predicted ATAR (check individual course pages for each ATAR requirement), or equivalent for 2023 entry.
Taking time off before starting at university
You’ll be eligible to study one of our comprehensive bachelor degrees once you’ve successfully completed a graded Australian University Enabling Program, and obtained an average of 65.
Completion of an Enabling Program will satisfy UWA's English Language Competency requirements. Enabling programs do not satisfy subject prerequisite requirements unless assessed by a UWA teaching area.
Foundation Programs are courses of study of at least one academic year. Successful completion may provide eligibility to one of UWA’s comprehensive degree (subject to quotas and degree requirements).
English language competence and subject prerequisites will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- When will I hear about my application?
If you’ve applied directly to UWA, your application will be processed by our Admissions team on a rolling basis and you will receive an outcome to your registered email address shortly.
If you’ve applied via TISC, there will be two large offer rounds following the release of Year 12 results at the end of the year. Keep an eye on the TISC Important Dates website for more information.
- I’ve received an offer to study at UWA, what’s next?
Congratulations on your UWA offer! We can’t wait to welcome you on campus. Your offer letter will contain your new student number and important course details like course code, study mode and more.
Your next steps are:
- When do I have to accept my offer by?
- This date depends on your course, so read your offer letter carefully and take action as soon as you can. If you log in, you will see your offer response deadline on your dashboard.
- What if my application is declined?
Contact our Future Students team for individual advice about entry pathways available to you.
- How can I update my registered email address?
- You can update your registered email address by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, state the subject header as ‘Request to update registered email’, and provide your full name, UWA Student ID (if known) and the email address that you would like to update.
- How can I change my offer to another course?
If you have submitted an application through UWA Apply, you can contact us at email@example.com and request to add/re-arrange your preferences or change your current course offer.
In your email, state the subject header as ‘Request to Change Course/Major’, and provide your full name, UWA student ID (if known), course and major that you applied for and your new course preference order.
If you would like to change your offer to a course which is not listed in your preferences, please submit a new application on UWA Apply.
If you have applied through TISC, you can re-arrange your preferences before the TISC closing dates available on the TISC website.
- What happens if I have an Early Offer from UWA and have also applied through TISC?
- If your TISC offer is for a different UWA course, we will contact you requesting confirmation of the course you wish to commence. If your TISC offer is for Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy or Podiatry then this offer will supersede your current offer. If you are given a TISC offer to another University, your current UWA offer still stands.
- How can I access my ATAR results?
- All students who have completed ATAR will be able to access their WACE results and Universities Admission Advice letter (UAAL) on the TISC website. Results will be available from Sunday 19 December 2021.