Introduction to Entrepreneurship
This program familiarizes students with some of the foundational concepts in entrepreneurship and allows them to apply their creativity in designing a solution to two short cases. For instance, we will look at the process of recognizing and enacting market opportunities and the importance of segmenting your customers when designing initial market solutions. Both aspects come accompanied by a short case study that challenges students to apply the knowledge they learn and arrive at a comprehensive understanding of the issues at hand.
Upon successful completion of this micro-credential, you'll receive:
- Two PD Points
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
- Online with required on-campus activity
- Course dates
- 2 October 2023 - 3 November 2023
- Applications close
- 18 September 2023
- 5 weeks
- Total effort
- 55 hours
- Academic lead: Dr Sebastiaan van Doorn
UWA Starter fees for 2023 –
$247.50 (inc GST) per micro-credential for students from participating partner schools
$55 (inc GST) per micro-credential for students from participating UWA Broadway Schools
- Critical information summary
- MKTGM114 Introduction to Entrepreneurship (PDF 245KB)
What you'll learn
By completing the course, participants will:
Understand foundational concepts in entrepreneurship
Use creativity in designing a solution to two short cases
Why study this course?
Become familiarized with entrepreneurship and decide whether it is something that students want to pursue in more detail.
How does it work?
Online with a required on-campus activity.
- Online lectures
- Private study
What's next after this course?
- Future study
- Students who successfully complete this micro-credential will:
- Receive a UWA Professional Development Transcript at the end of your studies, listing all completed UWA micro-credentials – great for uni entry and your resume!
- Earn 2 stackable PD Points - complete two more UWA Starter micro-credentials to earn 6 PD Points and gain credit for one unit towards selected UWA bachelor degrees.
- Gain points that can contribute towards admission to UWA via Experience-based entry.
Contact your secondary school for more information or to register for UWA Starter micro-credentials.
The University of Western Australia