Geophysical Exploration: Basic Principles and Magnetics
This micro-credential covers the basic principles used in geophysical exploration for mineral systems with a focus on the magnetic method. Using a series of integrated interpretation exercises, participants will learn how to extract maximum geological and exploration-relevant information from the data. Participants will also learn to work with geophysical data in scenarios that mimic their use in the work place.
Upon successful completion, you'll receive:
- Three PD Points - stackable for unspecified academic credit in award courses
- A Certificate of Achievement
- A UWA Plus Professional Development Transcript, listing all successfully completed micro-credentials
- Delivery mode
- Onsite (F2F)
- Start date
- 31 October 2022
- 4 weeks
- 75 hours composed of 40 hours practical workshops (1 week intensive) and 35 hours of practical exercises/assessment in the subsequent three weeks.
- Academic Lead
- Professor Mike Dentith
- $990 inc. GST
- Critical information summary
- GEOSM502 (PDF 43KB)
Underpinning principles of geophysical methods including strengths and limitations.
Gain skills in data acquisition design, processing and interpretation.
Undertake an integrated gravity-magnetic interpretation exercise