Student Athlete Development Program
The University of Western Australia has a long history of commitment to supporting athletes in pursuing sport at the highest level.
The UWA Student Athlete Development Program houses some of Australia’s highest achieving Olympians, World Champions, and Sporting Professionals. UWA Sport is proud to have the highest number of student-athletes in Western Australia, with the program supporting athletes, coaches, and officials in achieving success in their dual career aspirations.
- Tailored academic and career support services including timetable access, exam deferrals, and on-campus parking.
- Exclusive access to the UWA Student Athlete hub, fully equipped with recovery equipment, kitchenette, wi-fi, TV, and streaming services.
- Access to world-class sporting grounds, UWA Sport gym, group fitness classes, and pool.
- Elite athlete uniform
- Student athlete scholarships, bursaries, residential accommodation, and financial assistance.
- Psychology, medical, and mental health support access.
- Student athlete workshops and seminars targeted to athlete-relevant personal development opportunities.
- Connection with a network of like-minded student-athletes and annual social events.
Join the Future Student Athlete Program
Members of the Future Student Athlete Program receive updates and access to future student athlete tours, scholarship applications, entry dates, support with your application to UWA, and information on available courses.
The Sports Bursaries program provides the foundations to build a comprehensive support structure for elite and high performing student athletes, coaches and officials here at UWA. The program has assisted a number of students across various sports, contributing to costs associated with equipment, professional development and competition.
2023 bursary applications open 5 June 2023 and close 11 August 2023.