Holiday Sports Clinics
Specifically designed for children aged 6-17 years old and held every school holidays, our Sports Clinics are an ideal opportunity for children to develop their athletic abilities in a safe and inclusive environment.
With a range of traditional and non-traditional sports on offer, our specialist coaches will help your child develop the skills they need to succeed in their sport of choice in each half-day session. Our connections to UWA Affiliated Sports Clubs provide a pathway for your child to continue participating for years to come.
We aim to provide children with a highly supportive environment which nurtures a healthy lifestyle, positive social interactions, introduction to leadership qualities, development of motor skills and the concepts of integrity and respect.
The UWA Holiday Sports Clinics program replaces the previous UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program, allowing us to provide specialised sports instruction to kids in a safe and welcoming environment.
Summer Holiday Sports Clinics: Tuesday 2 April - Friday 12 April 2024
- Suitable for children aged 6-17 years old
- Enrolments for the Holiday Sport Clinics open Monday 4 March 2024
- $60 per child per clinic
- All enrolments must be completed online at least 24 hours in advance
- Children aged 6-7 will participate in Fundamental Movement Skills clinics
- Children aged 8-10, 11-13 and 14-17 will participate in specialist sports clinics.
- Clinics last for 3 hours, operating in morning and afternoon sessions
Morning Clinic Structure (9am-12pm)
- Drop off: 9am @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
- Pick up: 12:00pm @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Afternoon Clinic Structure (1pm-4pm)
- Drop off: 1pm @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
- Pick up: 4:00pm @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
If you are wanting to book a morning and afternoon clinic on select days, please contact our friendly Participation team at [email protected]
Safety & Hygiene Practices
We are putting in place extra hygiene and safety practices to ensure all our participants, families and staff members stay safe and healthy. Below outlines the practices we will be implementing to ensure we operate in a safe and controlled environment.
- Spectators, including parents and guardians, are asked to drop off and pick up children in the time periods outlined on the activity schedule.
- We ask that this is done promptly and without delay in our venues, to support social distancing practices.
- Hand sanitisers will be available in prominent places throughout our venues and all participants in the program are encouraged to use it before and after each sport activity throughout the day.
- Sharing of sporting equipment will be limited, and all equipment used in activities will be cleaned and disinfected. Activities will be located across multiple venues in an open-spaced setting, whereby limiting the amount of people in confined areas.
- The program will operate in a cashless environment, where no cash handling will take place at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre.
- Designated toilet facilities will be assigned to the program for children use only.
- All children, parents/guardians and staff attending the program MUST NOT ATTEND if they: have any flu-like symptoms; have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; have travelled internationally or have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and/or are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical heath conditions.
- UWA Sport encourages the use of the COVIDSafe app during our programs and throughout our venues.
Management of Medical ConditionsWe endeavour to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment in which children will experience new and known sports in an inclusive environment. If your child has any medical condition which may affect their participation in our Program, please let us know as soon as possible.
If your child suffers from anaphylaxis, allergy, asthma or other relevant illness, you must complete this Medical Management Form so that we are able to give the best care to your child while attending our Program.
UWA Sport do not have emergency medication on hand and will only assist in administering medication we have been made aware of through the above Management Form, in line with our medical policies contained within the Program Terms and Conditions.
UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Car Park 1
35 Stirling Highway
Visitor parking is available in front of the centre
UWA International Martial Arts Centre
Corner Goldsworthy and Princess Roads
Visitor parking is available in car park 2, entrance from Goldsworthy Rd