My first degree as an international student
We're excited to welcome you to our sunny city and vibrant campus for your first degree as an undergraduate, international student with us. Find out all about your application options and entry requirements below, as well as important dates and FAQs.
If you're applying to study at UWA as an independent Study Abroad student for one or two semesters only, you can start your application now.Enquire now
How to apply
There are six easy steps to submitting your application online. The process is simple and should take only 15 minutes to complete.
Exciting times ahead! Once you formally accept your offer you will be permitted to enrol in your course once the enrolment window opens. Any specific instructions on enrolment will be provided to you at this time.
- UWA Foundation Program
- Run by UWA College, this program guarantees you entry to one of our undergraduate degrees following successful completion (subject to quotas and degree requirements).
- WA Universities' Foundation Program
- Gain guaranteed entry through successful completion of this program at Canning College or St George's Anglican Grammar School.
- Northern Consortium United Kingdom's International Foundation Year
- We welcome applications from students who have completed and been awarded the Northern Consortium United Kingdom Foundation Year qualification.
- Group of Eight universities foundation programs
- You can complete a foundation program at other Go8 universities for entry to an undergraduate degree, subject to meeting our entry requirements.
- International Foundation Course in University Studies
- We accept students who have successfully completed this course at the following Chinese universities: Shanghai Normal University; Peking University, School of Foreign Languages; Sichuan International Studies University; or Zhejiang University of Finance and Economics.
- UWA College Diploma Program
- Secure your entry into the second year of a Bachelor of Commerce or Science degree by successfully completing a Diploma program with UWA College.
- Canning College Diploma of Commerce
- This diploma allows students to articulate into the second year of our Bachelor of Commerce.
- UWA CELT bridging courses
- If you don’t meet the required level of English language proficiency, you can complete two courses at the UWA Centre for English Language Teaching.
- What's the deadline for submitting my application?
This will depend on the course you select and how you apply. See ‘Important dates’ above for more information.
- When will I hear about my application?
Our Admissions team aims to process all applications in a timely manner. Please allow 10 business days for us to process your application. During this time, you can track the progress of your application in the UWA Application Portal.
You will receive a notification of the outcome of your application once Admissions has completed assessment of your application. If you receive an offer, your letter will provide you with further instructions on how to accept and enrol.
- What if I receive a conditional offer?
Your offer may have certain conditions attached to it. Some offers cannot be accepted until after certain conditions are met.
It is important to read through the conditions of your offer carefully. Instructions on how to meet the conditions of your offer are specified in your offer letter. Some offers will allow you to enrol with outstanding conditions. You will be required to meet the conditions of your offer no later than census date of the first teaching period, unless otherwise specified in the offer letter. Some conditions may need to be met prior to course commencement, and these will be specified when relevant.
- Can I defer my offer?
You may opt to accept your offer or defer your offer up to one year. If you defer your offer, you will receive another offer in due course which you will be required to accept or decline. Please note that for certain courses offered by UWA, deferral is not permitted.
- How do I respond to my offer?
Congratulations on getting an offer! We hope you'll join us soon. Your offer letter will provide you with further instructions on how to accept and enrol.
- What if my application is declined?
You’ll be notified of your application outcome via email. If there are other entry pathways available to you, these will be detailed in your email.
- What if I am not satisfied with the outcome of my application?
If you are not satisfied with your admission outcome, you can request an appeal of the decision by emailing the Admissions office at [email protected]. If following your appeal you are not satisfied with the outcome you may submit a formal report to the University via Online Report Form | Advocate System (symplicity.com).
- Do I need to pay a fee to apply?
- International students applying directly to UWA and agents applying on behalf of students to study at UWA in 2024 and 2025 will need to pay a non-refundable fee of $125. The application will not be processed until the Application Fee has been charged successfully.
Have a question? Get in touch with us