Graduate Certificate in Social Impact
Events you may be interested in
Smart Justice: How we can reform a broken system
Hear from innovative researchers and practitioners exploring new ideas and evidence-informed solutions to challenging social problems
- Categories: Local event - at UWA campus
- Audiences: Studying at UWAGraduates or near graduatesProfessionalsStudying at another tertiary institution
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Master of Business Administration Flexible
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate - fee paying students
The Annual Fee is an estimate only based on a standard annual study load of 48 points.
For Commonwealth Supported Places, student contribution amounts are charged by unit. For an accurate fee estimate, go to the Fee Calculator and select “I want to price my units”.
For Full Fee Paying places, students are charged an annual course fee. Visit the Fee Calculator and select your course to see the annual and total course fees.
Industry partner discount
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(a) a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
(c) at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; or
(2) significant work experience including at least 5 years with a material level of responsibility.
Ranking and Selection Process
(a) a satisfactory personal statement, as recognised by UWA;
(b) two satisfactory referees, as recognised by UWA.
Applicants should submit their application online with the following documentation. High-quality colour scans of original documents are to be uploaded into the application portal prior to assessment.
• Original proof of citizenship (one of the following):
o passport (and visa if necessary)
o birth certificate
o Australian Citizenship certificate
• Original academic transcripts (unless previously from UWA)
• Proof of English language competency
• A personal statement
• A current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your professional work experience
• Two referee names and contact details
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application. Read more here about uploading scanned documents.
If you need assistance with the application process, please contact our Future Students Team.
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
Our MBA suite of programs is running remotely. If you have any queries, please contact our Professional Programs Adviser on 131 UWA / firstname.lastname@example.org
About the course
- Available 2020/2021
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Part-time only
- Trimester 1, 2, 3, 2020 [Delivered online for Tri 1 and 2]
- N/A. This course is offered in intensive study mode.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
You'll learn to
UWA MBA graduates earn highest salaries nationally
According to MBA News, graduates of the UWA MBA program earn the highest salaries in the country after completing their MBA - $198,982 per annum only three months after completing their course. The average graduate age is 34.
Each unit in the Graduate Certificate in Social Impact includes a component and assessment which involves a practical and applied project with relevant industry partners and entails guest lectures from industry partners.
The course is taught with a strong grounding in industry partnerships with major not-for-profit organisations, social finance and philanthropic representatives, specialist social impact measurement personnel, social design practitioners, corporate social responsibility personnel, social businesses and social enterprises, and human service government departments.
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study part time, a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.
Why study this course
- You'll gain an edge in applying for management positions in the social sector, the public sector and in the social impact and social impact areas of consulting and business. There are now an increasing number of specialist social impact analyst positions which require a specific skill set.
- This course will provide the basis for a lifelong increase in your network of professional and business contacts in the social sector and provide an ongoing community of practice among the alumni.
- You'll gain knowledge and a skill base that is unique and cannot be gained from other courses and is taught by academics with a strong theoretical knowledge but a grounding in practical action and a strong desire to make a difference through teaching.
Pathway to the MBA
This Graduate Certificate is a pathway to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Flexible program.
Graduates who meet the Weighted Average Mark requirements can articulate into the MBA. Points completed for the Graduate Certificate will be fully credited towards the MBA.
For Trimester 3 2020 entry, applications open Monday 25 February 2019 and close 16 August 2020.