My first degree as an international student
We're excited to welcome you to our sunny city and vibrant campus for your first degree as an undergraduate, international student with us. Find out all about your application options and entry requirements below, as well as important dates and FAQs.
If you're applying to study at UWA as an independent Study Abroad student for one or two semesters only, you can start your application now.Enquire now
How to apply
There are five easy steps to submitting your application online. The process is simple and should take only 15 minutes to complete.
1. Explore your options
Specialise in one area or create a degree that combines your interest. Whatever you seek, you’ll find a degree that fits.
When you’ve decided on what course you’d like to apply for, have the course name and code handy for your application. You can find this on the course page under course details.
2. Check entry requirements
Check that you meet the academic and English language requirements. Select from the below to find out if your high school qualifications can help you join us at UWA. It's also worth noting that some majors have certain prerequisites which must be met before you can receive an offer. Check individual major pages for more information.
My completed qualifications are from:
If you are completing or have completed Year 12 at WACE level, or the equivalent in another Australian state, you can use your ATAR results to apply to UWA.
- Australian Capital Territory Year 12 Certificate - Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales Higher School Certificate (HSC) - New South Wales
- Northern Territory Certificate of Education (NTCE) - Northern Territory
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) - Queensland
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) - South Australia
- Tasmanian Certificate of Education (TCE) - Tasmania
- Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) - Victoria
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) - Western Australia
- United States or Canada
- South Africa
3. Prepare your supporting documentation
Make sure you have the following documentation ready before you start your application for UWA.
- A certified copy of your academic results
- A certified copy of your English test results (if available) and
- Proof of citizenship (e.g. passport)
4. Browse our scholarships
We have a range of scholarships available to international students. When you submit an application, you'll automatically be considered for a Global Excellence Scholarship. This significant scholarship is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate and postgraduate students, from selected countries, who apply for particular courses at the University.
Some scholarships may require a separate application.
Explore all our UWA scholarships
5. Start your application
You’re ready! Start your application to study at UWA by applying direct online or via an agent.
Our global network of agents can help with your application to UWA, provide advice on life in Perth and also assist with obtaining a visa.
Other entry options
UWA Foundation Program
WA Universities' Foundation Program
Northern Consortium United Kingdom's International Foundation Year
Group of Eight universities foundation programs
International Foundation Course in University Studies
Secure your entry into the second year of a UWA bachelor’s degree by successfully completing a qualified Diploma program with:
UWA College Diploma program
Canning College Diploma of Commerce
English pathways to University study
UWA CELT bridging courses
Applications open two years prior to your start date.
Frequently asked questions
- What's the deadline for submitting my application?
This will depend on the course you select and how you apply. See ‘Important dates’ above for more information.
- When will I hear about my application?
- Please allow 10 business days for us to process your application.
- How do I respond to my offer?
- Congratulations on getting an offer! We hope you'll join us soon. To read up on responding to your offer, visit our askUWA page.
- I’ve received an offer to study at UWA, what’s next?
Congratulations on your UWA offer! We can’t wait to welcome you on campus. Your offer letter will contain your new student number and important course details like course code, study mode and more.
Your next steps are:
- Accept your offer
- Activate your Pheme Account
- Use your Pheme login details to access your Careers and Employability Package
- What if my application is declined?
You’ll be notified of your application outcome via email. If there are other entry pathways available to you, these will be detailed in your email.
- How do I make the switch to UWA?
- We offer numerous ways for you to make the move to UWA.
Start my application
When you're ready, you can apply direct to us.
If you're an international student, you may wish to apply through an agent.
Get in touch with us
Our Future Students Centre is ready to answer all your questions.
- Phone – Domestic students
- 131 UWA (131 892)
8.30am–5.00pm (AWST), Monday to Friday
- Phone – International students
- +61 8 6488 1000
8.30am–5.00pm (AWST), Monday to Friday
- Online consultation
- Book a virtual consultation