UWA Mining Innovation Network
Top 50 in the world for Psychology (QS 2021)
Ranked in the world's top 51-75 for Public Health (ARWU 2021)
Ranked in top 100 law schools in the world (QS and Times Higher Education 2020)
Top 100 worldwide for Accounting and Finance (QS 2019)
UWA is a world recognised training and research institution. MINe provides a platform that coalesces UWA’s expertise in mining to collectively tackle pressing problems and advise on future challenges.
We offer training for the future workforce, providing re-skilling and up-skilling opportunities for global industry professionals. We organise events to discuss pressing problems in the sector and engage in research to develop knowledge based solutions.
For more information on training, events, research and partnerships email - [email protected]
UWA hosts a number of centres of expertise with direct relevance to the mining industry, offering training in our undergraduate and postgraduate programs, bespoke training packages tailored to client needs, and research and technology development services.
- Mineral exploration: Centre for Exploration Targeting (including the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Core to Crust Fluid Systems)
- Geomechanics and geotechnics: Australian Centre for Geomechanics (open access Conference Proceedings Repository: https://papers.acg.uwa.edu.au/)
- Asset maintenance: Transforming Maintenance through Data Science – an Australian Research Council Industrial Transformation Training Centre
- Law: Centre for Mining Energy and Natural Resource Law
- Environmental and resource economics: Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy
- Rock art conservation: Centre for Rock Art Research and Management
- Mine closure and regional economies: (New!) Cooperative Research Centre for Transformations in Mining Economies
- Environmental management: (New!) Environmental Stewardship in Mining Initiative
- Shift work and sleep: Centre for Sleep Science
- Energy exploration, and gas sequestration: Centre for Energy Geoscience
- Tailings geotechnics and geomechanics: Future Tails