All India Senior School Certificate CBSE
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was established in 1962 as the national body for public examinations in India.
The University of Western Australia welcomes applications from students who have completed the CBSE All-India Senior School Certificate Examination program. To be admitted to the University, you must
- satisfy the University's English language competence requirement by satisfactory performance in one of the English subjects detailed in the table below;
- achieve a sufficient number of points to be offered a place; and
- satisfy any prerequisite subject requirements for your chosen course and major.
Minimum entry scores
All-India Senior School Certificate students must meet equivalent entry standards to other applicants. The following table provides an overview of the points considered equivalent to various Australian Tertiary Admission Ranks.
|ALL-INDIA SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE POINTS||ATAR EQUIVALENT|
- Applicants must have been awarded the All India Senior School Certificate issued by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India.
- Overall grades in best 4 subjects.
- CBSE results are generally recorded as letter grades, based on A1=5, A2=4.5, B1=3.5, B2=3, C1=2, C2=1.5, D1=1,D2=0.5 and E = 0.0.
- Different examination, graduation and subject requirement may apply for each of the provinces.
The following table shows All-India Senior School Certificate subject equivalents to WA Certificate of Education courses, which will satisfy course and major prerequisites.
|WA COURSE||ALL-INDIA SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EQUIVALENT||ACCEPTABLE ALL-INDIA SECONDARY SCHOOL SUBJECTS|
|English/Literature||English Core; B2 or higher||Not applicable|
|Mathematics 2C/2D||Mathematics; D2 or higher||Mathematics (Class X); B2 or higher (only for 2012 entry onwards)|
|Mathematics 3A/3B||Mathematics; D2 or higher||Not applicable|
|Mathematics 3C/3D||Mathematics; C2 or higher||Not applicable|
|Mathematics: Specialist 3C/3D||Mathematics; C2 or higher||Not applicable|
|Chemistry 3A/3B||Chemistry; C2 or higher||Not applicable|
|Physics 3A/3B||Physics; C2 or higher||Not applicable|