Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Events you may be interested in
UWA Virtual Open Day
This year we’re moving our annual Open Day online.
- Categories: Online
- Audiences: A mature age student pursuing my first degreeA parent of a prospective studentA secondary school student in Year 10A secondary school student in Year 11A secondary school student in Year 12A secondary school career adviser or teacherStudying at another tertiary institution
Careers and further study
Take your studies to a new level with a postgraduate degree and discover what career opportunities lie ahead.
Graduates may find employment from any profit or non-profit organisation who wishes to use data to enhance decision-making or any large organisation now employing data, business or market analysts. There is also a high demand for recent business or commerce graduates who have specialised in management or accounting who have additional capabilities in information and logistics management.
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course. For fee type definitions and further assistance, see the Fee Calculator Help page. You can also search our database for scholarships that are relevant to you or this course.
Postgraduate - fee paying students
The Annual Fee is an estimate only based on a standard annual study load of 48 points.
For Commonwealth Supported Places, student contribution amounts are charged by unit. For an accurate fee estimate, go to the Fee Calculator and select “I want to price my units”.
For Full Fee Paying places, students are charged an annual course fee. Visit the Fee Calculator and select your course to see the annual and total course fees.
Industry partner discount
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below.
(1)(a) a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification incorporating at least one unit of statistics, as recognised by UWA;
(b) the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 50 per cent;
(c) at least two years professional experience in a relevant occupation; or
(2) Significant work experience including at least 5 years with a material level of responsibility.
Ranking and Selection Process
How to apply
Ready to apply for this postgraduate course? Follow the steps and you’ll be on your way to joining us at UWA.
About the course
Graduates of the course apply their knowledge in analysing, modelling and evaluating business and organisational data; and evaluating appropriate software and techniques to apply to a range of business data problems.
You'll learn to
- understand the theoretical background of data analytics and data processing of unstructured data
- understand the various approaches to data analysis, appreciate strategies for adapting them to a specific situation and understand the limitations of data
- understand the ethical issues related to protecting the rights of individuals and the integrity of data collected and analysed
- transfer knowledge clearly, effectively and appropriately in relation to data analytics issues
- identify the use of data analytics tools and techniques in a variety of business disciplines
Who should do this course?
- Senior management or professionals who wish to up-skill in a growing area allowing you to make stronger and more informed business decisions.
- Recent Business or Commerce graduates who have specialised in management or accounting and who desire additional capabilities in information and logistics management.
- Those interested in Business Analytics or Data Analytics who may be looking to take a first step towards a master's degree.
- Perth (Crawley campus)
- Part-time only
- Semester 1, Semester 2
- 12 hours per unit per week (comprising 3 hours contact time and 9 hours of individual study time)
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
Why study business or data analytics
“The volume of information available to organisations is growing exponentially and, in parallel, so is demand for professionals skilled in data systems and analytics. But with the supply of data professionals lagging, those with verifiable skills and reliable credentials are commanding exceptional salaries.” – The Australian, 2019
Average annual salary for data scientists – AU$111,846 (Indeed, 2019)
Average annual salary for business analyst – AU$81,401 (PayScale, 2019)
We understand that life is busy. That's why our postgraduate courses are designed so you can balance your work and studies. Our flexible postgraduate experience includes the opportunity to study part time, a range of units that are taught after hours, and the option to learn via intensive units. Ask our Student Central team for advice on choosing the right postgraduate route for you. Find out more here.
Industry partner discount
The UWA Business School is accredited through both EQUIS, the European Quality Improvement System, and AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These are the leading business school accreditations in Europe and North America respectively, meaning that your business degree will be recognised by employers around the world.