(Not available in 2021)
The Graduate Certificate in Science (Biomedical Science specialisation) will provide you with advanced knowledge in global biomedical challenges and the skills to develop appropriate solutions.
You will be taught by leading academics in the field and have the opportunity to develop strong industry and professional links to increase your career opportunities upon completion.
This certificate can also be used as credit into our Master of Biomedical Science, which will provide the opportunity to further develop your skills and become a leader in the field. The master’s degree also provides an opportunity to undertake a research project.
To apply for the Biomedical Science specialisation, select 74250 Graduate Certificate in Science in our application portal.
- Start date
24 July 2020
- Study mode
$5,000Discounted to $2,500 until 24 July
- Course code
Understand global biomedical challenges including obesity, cancer, neurological diseases.
Causes of variation in individuals and populations from an evolutionary perspective.
Advanced communication, problem solving and technical research skills.
Why study this course?
- Get a semester head start towards the Master of Biomedical Science.
- Take a step towards a job in a field you’re passionate about.
- Utilise UWA's strong links with industry and professional networks to increase your career opportunities upon completion.
What's next after this course?
- Future study
- This graduate certificate can serve as an entry pathway to our Master of Biomedical Science.
- Career outcomes
- Biomedical scientist
- Medical researcher
- Healthcare technician
- Clinical scientist
- Research associate
- Neuroscience Specialisation
Students explore modern neuroscience including the molecules that make up individual nerve cells, the transfer of information from one nerve cell to another, and the complexities of how behaviour, thought and emotions are produced, through studying neurodevelopment and neuroendocrinology. They understand the tools used to research neuroscience and focus on a particular aspect of current research.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Specialisation
Advanced training and studies using new generation biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to understand cellular content, structure, organisation and interactions assessed with the current state of the art technologies.
- SCIE5515 Global Challenges in Biomedical Science
- BIOC5001 Advanced Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Techniques
- SCIE5002 Human Genetics and Evolutionary Medicine