Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Your allocated student office is your one-stop shop for all your course-related queries. We can assist with:
- course advice and creating a study plan
- checking your enrolment
- advising on global and extra-curricular experiences
- directing you to student support services
- helping you with complex matters regarding special consideration, credit transfer, approved leave, academic progression, graduation eligibility and other requests
Get in touch with us by submitting an enquiry, asking a question at askUWA, booking an appointment with an EMS Student Adviser or drop in to the EMS Student Office, located in the EZONE North Building. Our opening hours are 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 10.00am - 4.30pm Friday and closed 12.00pm - 1.00pm Tuesday. Closed weekends, public holidays and university shutdown period.
We host a wide variety of student-run clubs and societies that create a vibrant and interactive campus atmosphere.
Clubs and societies
- University Engineers' Club (UEC)
- UWA Institution Engineering and Technology
- UWA Young Engineers' Club (UWAYE)
- Women in Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (WiEMS)
Outreach clubs and societies
Discipline-specific clubs and societies
- UWA Aerospace
- Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM)
- UWA Biomedical Engineering Society
- Chemical and Process Engineering Club (CPEC)
- The Civil Society
- Computer Science Students Club
- UWA Data Science Club
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers of WA (EEEWA)
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers UWA Student Chapter (IMechE UWA)
- The UWA Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- UWA Mathematics Union
- The UWA Motorsport Team (UWAM)
- The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- The University Physics Society
Connect with an academic to build professional relationships, get advice on your pathway and develop insight into your specialisation. Register your interest to find a mentor by applying now.
Record volunteering hours
Giving back to the community through outreach and/or mentoring of current and prospective students offers numerous personal and professional benefits. If you volunteer, be sure to record your hours. Submitting your hours means they’ll be formally recognised on your academic transcript at the end of each semester and may contribute towards your professional development hours within your professional practicum.