Bachelor of Philosophy
The BPhil (Hons) Office is your one-stop shop for all BPhil enquiries regardless of your major.
We can assist you with:
- course planning and enrolment, including unit selection and exchange/study abroad
- research placement opportunities
- University support services
- relevant workshops, seminars and other events
- helping with complex matters regarding special consideration, credit transfer, approved leave, academic progression, graduation eligibility and other special approval requests
The BPhil (Hons) Office is located at Rooms 1.14 and 1.15 in the Barry J Marshall Library, above the Catalyst Café.
Academic Coordinator: 08 6488 1869
Deputy Academic Coordinator: 08 6488 6748
Course Adviser/Administrative Assistant: 08 6488 2069
Online enquiries: askUWA
Your BPhil starts with a live-in orientation program where you’ll meet other members of your cohort, participate in orientation activities, hear from leading researchers and meet Faculty Deans and members of the University Executive. The Summer Residence takes place two weeks prior to Semester 1. Prior to the Summer Residence, download and fill out a talent release form to agree to your photo being taken as photographers will be at the event.
The best experience was being able to meet and get to know my BPhil cohort. It made Orientation and the first few days of university a really pleasant experience, as there were many more familiar faces and friends around campus.UWA BPhil (Hons) student
The Dr Vincent Harry Cooper Memorial Prize is awarded annually to the BPhil (Hons) student who submits the most outstanding Honours dissertation. The Selection Committee chooses the prize winner with the highest mark achieved for their dissertation from each of the following areas of study:
- Biological and Medical Sciences, and Biotechnology
- Engineering, Mathematics and Informatics
- Humanities and Creative Arts
- Physics, Chemistry and Earth Sciences
- Social, Behavioural and Economic Sciences
Dissertations are judged on novelty of idea or approach; creativity and clarity; and the impact in the relevant field. This prestigious prize was established by Mr Roderick Cooper in honour of his father, Dr Vincent Harry Cooper. Dr Vincent Harry Cooper was a foundation Board Member and Chairman of the Western Australian Faculty of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
Join the club
The BPhil Union represents and supports students in the Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) program. Join up to attend social and educational events, such as casual picnics, cocktail nights, workshops and lavish balls.