Launching Your Journey at UWA!

Everything you need to prepare to enrol is available on this page. 

If you need extra support, you can contact your Allocated Student Advising Office or alternatively, attend an onboarding session in June/July 2024. Either join an in-person "Getting Started Session" or if you are an international student, participate in an "Online Pre-Departure Session". For further information and to register for these events, please visit the Orientation tab.

Start my preparation

Number 1 icon

Get my campus card

You’ll need a campus card to access buildings after hours, visit common rooms, borrow items from the library and to access other services on campus. 

UWA uses CaptureME technology so you can take and submit your own photo for your first UWA campus card.

If you already have a valid and active student campus card, you do not need another one and you can skip this stage. There are also some conditions of use associated with your campus card, so ensure you review these prior to obtaining your card.

Once you’ve submitted your photo, return to this page to continue.

Number 2 icon

Check my UWA email

You need to activiate your UniID account to access a range of online services, including your UWA email. This email is the official communication channel that the University uses to contact you with important updates and helpful information. It's beneficial to check this weekly to stay up to date.

You can access your email using your eight-digit student number at the front of your email address as the username ([email protected]) and your UWA password.

Number 3 icon

Create my Unique Student Identifier

You need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to be eligible for Commonwealth assistance (Commonwealth Supported Place and/or HELP loans). You must have a USI in order to graduate, this includes all students studying with UWA.

Get your USI now, and submit it through studentConnect under Personal Details then USI.

Apply for your USI

Number 4 icon

Tax file number

I have a tax file number

If you wish to defer your student contribution for your study through the HECS-HELP loan scheme and are enrolled in a Commonwealth-supported place, you'll be required to complete a 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' form. This form will be completed electronically during your enrolment.

I don’t have a tax file number

If you don’t have a tax file number, you can apply to the Australian Taxation Office for one. You'll still be able to enrol without a tax file number; however, you won't be able to elect the option to defer your fees through the HECS-HELP loan scheme. Once you receive your tax file number, you can use studentConnect to complete the 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' form and elect to defer your tuition and/or SSAF fees.

Explore the UWA Handbook

If this is your very first degree (Bachelors), at UWA, you have the ability to design your own study plan (what units you will study each semester). This gives you the ability to include a range of different majors/minors.

Explore the UWA Handbook for:

  • subjects or activities you enjoy, perform well in or want to learn more about
  • units or majors related to your career goals

View your course to see the list of majors you can study. Within each major, you can explore the units offered and view example study plans.

Illustration of a book

Create your study plan

There are sample study plans available in the Handbook to help you create your own or you can download a sample study plan and checklist to help plan your choices.

When putting your study plan together, consider the following:

  • Unit rules – Are there any prerequisites you need to have satisfied or any previous study you must have completed?
  • Course rules – How many units of each level will you need to study in order to complete a major in your course?
  • Some courses have a prescribed study plan you must follow

If you need help creating a study plan, contact your assigned Course Advice Office (displayed on studentConnect).

Illustration of a changing timetable

Help videos

How to enrol on studentConnect

Learn how to enrol in your course online using the UWA enrolment system, studentConnect. The enrolment steps include confirming your personal details, entering statistical information and adding your majors and units.

English language
Chinese language

How to use Learning Management System (LMS)

Learn how to logon to the Learning Management System, where you can access your lecture content, unit guides, assessments and unit readings.

English language

Further information


Getting to UWA

Find out the easiest way to get to the main campus.

Getting to UWA


Find your answers online with askUWA.