Before you can select your units and enrol, it’s important to understand your course's structure. Take some time to explore the UWA Handbook and put together your study plan.
In this step you can:
- learn about your majors and units in the Handbook
- plan your broadening units and elective units
- create your first-year study plan
Getting Started at UWA
Everything you need to prepare to enrol is available on this page. However, if you need extra in-person support, you can attend our Getting Started at UWA activities. These activities include:
- General course and enrolment advice
- How to study at UWA
- Student Life Supports & Services Expo
- Collecting your pre-ordered campus card (see Step 1 below on how to organise your campus card)
13 July 2023 - Register here
If you are unable to attend these in-person sessions, they will be recorded and made available on the Your Orientation within LMS.
Tax file number
Learn about elective and broadening units
Once you've had a look at the core units for your major, take some time to explore the broadening unit and elective unit options. You can choose units from any undergraduate degree, as long as you satisfy the unit rules and the units fit into your study plan. The number of electives you can take depend on the major or majors you choose.
Create your study plan
When you have an idea of the units you'd like to study, it’s time to create your study plan.
There are sample study plans available in the Handbook to help you create your own or you can download a sample study plan and checklist to help plan your choices.
When putting your study plan together, consider the following:
- Unit rules – Are there any prerequisites you need to have satisfied or any previous study you must have completed?
- Course rules – How many units of each level will you need to study in order to complete a major in your course?
- Some courses have a prescribed study plan you must follow
If you need help creating a study plan, contact your assigned Course Advice Office (displayed on studentConnect), or you can make an appointment with a Student Adviser (through UniHub using your student number and Pheme password)
How to enrol on studentConnect
Learn how to enrol in your course online using the UWA enrolment system, studentConnect. The enrolment steps include confirming your personal details, entering statistical information and adding your majors and units.
How to use Learning Management System (LMS)
Learn how to logon to the Learning Management System, where you can access your lecture content, unit guides, assessments and unit readings.