Graduate Certificate in Child Protection Practice
Careers and further study
Explore the career opportunities available to you.
Fees and scholarships
Learn more about the fees that apply to you for this course.
Domestic Student Fees
Scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Cost of living
If you’re interested in furthering your career by studying this postgraduate degree, find out the admission details below
Ranking and Selection Process
English is the language of instruction and assessment at UWA and you will need to meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible for a place.
Minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5, with no band less than 6.0.
How to apply
Ready for the next step?
Find out how to apply through our simple online application process.
We'll guide you through our entry requirements, admission pathways available to you and application deadlines for your chosen course.
We can’t wait for you to join us!
About the course
- Available 2023
- Beginning of year and mid year
x4 intensive units. 4 days per unit run throughout the year. 30 contact hours per unit.
- This course is not available to international student visa holders
Postgraduate coursework degrees and combined (coursework and research) degrees comprise a number of units. Refer to the course structure for more information.
What you'll learn
- Make evidence-informed child protection assessments
- Learn about contemporary child protection issues
- Contemporary supervision and management techniques in child protection
- Risk management in family intervention
Top 3 reasons to study this course
- To gain the necessary knowledge and skills to make evidence-informed decisions about child protection concerns
- To learn from award-winning, experienced practitioners and researchers in the field with relevant expertise
- To be best qualified to work in any child related professional field and to be considered for senior positions.
What's next after this course?
After completing this graduate certificate you may wish to consider studying Graduate Diploma in Advanced Social Work
- Case worker, child protection
- Child abuse unit social worker- hospital, police
- Education support staff