UWA campuses adhere to the UWA Lands By-Laws and regulations.
University car parks undergo regular patrols, and parking restrictions are enforced according to the signage within each car park.
To avoid an infringement, ensure:
- A valid EasyPark or parking machine session is enabled
- Park in the right zone for your payment method
- Obey all parking and road signs.
Understanding your infringement
If you are uncertain about the reason for receiving an infringement notice, some common parking offences and associated fines include:
|Driving other than on a traffic area
|Exceeding speed limits
|Failing to give way when entering or leaving a parking area
|Disobeying traffics signs
|Breaching an act or regulation
|Parking without a valid parking permit or ticket
|Parking in a no-parking area
|Parking in a disabled bay
|Parking a motorcycle, motor scooter or similar vehicle other than in a motorcycle area
Options for dealing with an infringement notice
If you receive an infringement notice on campus, you can:
- Pay the amount shown on the notice within 7 days of the issue date. A 10% discount applies to payments made within this timeframe. This discount does not apply to infringements that are appealed
- Appeal the infringement within 21 days, following the appeals process below.
How to pay
You can pay via the portal using Visa or Mastercard: Pay Infringement.
If you believe there is cause for your infringement to be waived, you can lodge a written appeal within 21 days of the infringement date through the Parking Appeals portal.
- All appeals are reviewed by a UWA parking infringement panel
- An appeal will not be accepted if the infringement has already been paid
- You will be notified by email of the outcome of your appeal
- A second appeal will only be accepted if new relevant information is provided
- Verbal and email appeals will not be considered.
If you need any help, contact UniPark.