We're open Tuesdays to Saturdays, noon to 5pm.
Admission to the gallery, exhibitions and events are free unless otherwise indicated.
We ask that visitors please follow health recommendations of hand sanitation and social distancing and stay at home if feeling unwell.
– Friday 7 April
– Tuesday 25 April
Buses to UWA run regularly at most times – to reach the gallery you can use routes 950, 102, 103, 107,
97 ,998, 999, 23 or 24.
We are committed to improving access to the gallery, exhibitions, collections and public programs and are continuing to grow our initiatives so that our programs connect with and support those with varying abilities.
The gallery presents a series of free public programs for each exhibition season, including:
- Let's Meet at LWAG: A conversational, shared viewing experience of the exhibitions for visitors with dementia and their carers, family and friends.
- LWAG Signs: A tour in Australian Sign Language with an Auslan interpreter and exhibiting artist, curator or LWAG staff member.
- Tactile Tours: A touch and verbal descriptive tour with a trained verbal description guide and exhibiting artist for visitors with vision impairment.
For more information or to request material in alternative formats, please contact the gallery, at [email protected] or +61 8 6488 3707
- The gallery is accessible by wheelchair
- A manual wheelchair is available for use, free-of-charge from Gallery reception.
- Accessible toilets are available.
- Car parking is available for ACROD permit holders on Fairway (entry via Mounts Bay Road) adjacent to the gallery.
Select exhibition material is available in a variety of formats such as:
- Large Print catalogues
- Transcripts and closed captions of recorded artist interviews and talks
- Print brochures and PDFs accessible at the minimum standard of AA compliance
The gallery is an ideal venue for functions such as award ceremonies, cocktail parties, seminars, presentations and other corporate functions. It is available for hire outside of opening hours. For more information, please contact Minette Brewin.