Get involved in your campus gallery and gain hands-on, professional experience in a range of different positions.
LWAG Student Advisory Committee
The LWAG Student Advisory Committee serves as an important voice for UWA students within Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery. Members take on a leadership position within the gallery, advising staff on student engagement with the goal of making the gallery an integral space for students. This is a volunteer position that includes fortnightly meetings.
- Serve as representatives of UWA students to LWAG staff and advise staff on its relationship with UWA students
- Work in collaboration with LWAG staff to develop new initiatives and public programs to engage UWA students
- Serve as ambassadors of LWAG's mission, exhibitions and programs to UWA students and advocate for the gallery among friends, peers and the UWA community
Student Advisors will meet as a group with LWAG staff fortnightly on Monday evenings, 5-7pm. Advisors will ideally serve for one year; exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Semester 1 2021 meetings (tentatively): Mondays, 5-7pm, on 1 March, 15 March, 29 March, 12 April, 26 April, 10 May
- Gain firsthand experience working within an art gallery–learn about the work that is done and the different roles
- Learn about audience engagement and organising public programs
- Strengthen your interpersonal skills, including listening and collaborative work
- Develop an understanding of the role of committees within organisations
- Build confidence in your ideas and your ability to contribute to your community
If you are interested in being a member, please fill out the application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 6 December.
Applications Due: Sunday 6 December
Applicants Notified: Friday 18 December
Questions? Please contact Megan Hyde, Audience Development Manager, at email@example.com or 08 6488 7477.
Work-Integrated Learning Placements
Each semester, Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery offers a number of different Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Placement positions for UWA students.
Positions vary semester to semester and are posted at the end of each semester on UWA's Career Hub site.
These positions give students hands-on experience working alongside a staff member assisting on tasks such as developing public programs, exhibition research, digital media and marketing.
The Gallery is currently accepting applications for the following positions for Semester 1 2021:
- Audience Development Assistant.
- Research Assistant
- Finance Assistant
To submit an application, please visit the UWA UniHub site.
Questions? Please contact Audience Development Manager, Megan Hyde, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 6488 7477.
Connect with us
Follow us for news and events informationFacebook
Get the latest news in our monthly newsletterSign up form
Become a friend
Join the conversation and become a friend of the galleryBecome a friend
Behind-the-scenes information, updates and moreInstagram