UWA Public Policy Institute
Providing informed leadership by maximising the policy impact of UWA research in Western Australia, Australia and the Indian Ocean region
The UWA Public Policy Institute (UWA PPI) is a bridge between academic research and government, public and business needs.
It provides informed leadership by maximising the policy impact of UWA research in Western Australia, Australia and the Indian Ocean region.
What we do
- Run a dynamic public events program on a range of social, economic and political issues of the day.
- Produce and disseminate reports for government policymakers and business stakeholders.
- Provide UWA research expertise to policymakers.
- Organise private roundtable discussions for closer exploration with key decision-makers and advisers.
- Run training and workshops for UWA researchers on how to work with government, business and not-for-profits.
Hear the latest
Join our mailing list to receive event invitations and our triannual newsletter, The UWA Public Policy Lineup.
WA 2050: People, Place, Prosperity
What could Western Australia look like at mid-century and how do we get there? This report aims to stimulate progress, joining expertise from 50+ contributors across the state's sectors to expose future issues, their implications, the trade-offs involved, and the actions that can be taken now to drive positive change.
WA 2050: People, Place, Prosperity (PDF 12.5MB)
WA 2050: People, Place, Prosperity (RTF for screen readers 9MB)
Public Policy Engagement Guide: A Tool for UWA researchers
We'll resume our events program in 2023. In the meantime, take a look at recordings of our past events below.
Government, not-for-profit and industry bodies we work with include but are not limited to:
UWA and UWA-affiliated entities we work with include: