- Foyer, UWA Business School
Date and time
Wednesday 25 October, 5-7pm (AWST)
5.00pm - Networking
5.30pm-7.00pm - Poster presentations
- Registration is closed
Busting Business Myths
The UWA Business School is pleased to invite you to attend the 2023 Busting Business Myths industry-academic mixer.
Our dedicated team of researchers have been working hard to examine the validity of commonly held business beliefs, aiming to discern fact from fiction.
Throughout the UWA Business School Foyer, you'll find informative myth-busting posters.
Select researchers will be given three minutes to make a pitch for their poster including:
- ‘Giving employees the power to decide where to work reduces performance’ -- a myth!
Joseph Carpini, Alex Luksyte and Stijn Masschelein research factors that influence work performance in our Management & Organisations discipline group.
- ‘High-risk stocks earn higher returns than low-risk stocks’ -- a myth!
Kam Chan and Terry Marsh researches asset pricing and investment in our Finance & Accounting Discipline group.
- 'The fight against misinformation is up to social media platforms’ -- a myth!
Jason Weismueller researches the negative side of social media. He is a new hire in our Marketing discipline group.
- 'PhD graduates languish in dead-end jobs, not using their training’ -- a myth!
Ken Clements researches applied economics topics in our Economics Discipline group.
We kindly request your participation in selecting the most captivating and impactful poster, and also encourage you to propose additional business myths that you would like to see our team investigate.
Light refreshments will be provided.
We look forward to welcoming you to this special event.