2019 Biology as Art Competition
- UWA Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery
- Map location
Date and time
Dialogue and Prizes:
Thursday, 10 October 2019, 5.00 - 7.00 PM
Voting open at the exhibition:
Tuesday, 8 October to Thursday, 10 October, 11.00 - 5.00 PM
- School of Biological Sciences
- This event is free, however, please register and obtain your ticket through eventbrite using the link below
Calling all UWA staff, students, alumni, general public and high school students to showcase your talents at the 6th annual Biology as Art Competition
11.00 - 5.00 PM Tuesday 8 October 2019 to Saturday, 12 October 2019 at the Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery
Biology as Art - Dialogue & Prizes
Thursday 10 October 5.00 - 7.00 PM (light refreshments)
Dialogue: "Environmental Challenges" panel, industry partners and PhD students
Prize giving: Vice-Chancellor's prizes, People's choice & Head of School prizes
If you're interested in participating in this year's Biology as Art competition, please read the terms and conditions, submit the entry form along with your art piece to email@example.com by 2 September 2019.
We are very excited to have three industry speakers and three PhD students, join us to talk about "Environmental Challenges".
Professor Sarah Dunlop, Head of School will chair this event.
We know this will be a fascinating conversation and we can't wait to share it with you!
Prizes awarded at the exhibition on Thursday, 10 October from 5.00 to 7.00 pm.
The three prize categories are:
- People's Choice (Professional artist) prize valued at $1,000 presented by Associate Professor Frances Hoyle, Associate Dean, Community & Engagement, Faculty of Science
- Vice-Chancellor's Award valued at 2 x $500 for secondary school students presented by Professor Tayyeb Shah, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global)
- Head of School (Amateur artist) prize valued at $1,000 presented by Professor Sarah Dunlop
Our winners for 2018 were:
- Vice Chancellor's Prize Winner
Prayer by Matat Lipsky 2018
- Wayne Davies Prize Winner
Seagrass, Benthos and Plankton by Angela Rossen 2018
- Head of School Prize Winner
Regent Bowerbirds on a branch by a track by Christopher Spiker 2018
Congratulations to our 2018 winners!
Voting for Peoples Choice
Your vote counts! We encourage everyone to come to the Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery and vote for your favourite piece of Art in the Biology as Art competition. Please vote between 11.00 - 5.00 pm Tuesday, 8 October to Thursday, 10 October. Your vote counts!
02/09/2019 - Entries close
20/09/2019 - Artist advised of pre-selection
Voting open at the exhibition
08/10/2019 – 09/10/2019 (11.00am to 5.00pm); and
10/10/2019 (11.00am to 5.00pm)
08/10/2019 – 12/10/2019 – Exhibition open for viewing
10/10/2019 - Winners announced
This is a free event, however, please register and obtain your tickets through eventbrite, here.
If you have any questions in relation to Biology as Art please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read more information on how to enter this event here.