A Phase 2a Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multi-center Study Investigating the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of JNJ-42165279 in Subjects with Social Anxiety Disorder
A proof of concept international randomised controlled trial of a novel investigational compound to treat patients with social anxiety disorder.
Professor Hood maintains a diverse and eclectic group of local, national and international collaborators. This crosses industry, public health, the pharmaceutical industry, consumer groups, research institutes and international affiliates.
International Master of Affective Neuroscience (Universities of Florence and Maastricht)
- Memorandum of Understanding with University of Maastricht
Meeting for Minds
- Cytochrome P450 Genotyping for Depressive Disorders
- Master of Affective Neuroscience (Florence and Maastricht)
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH) Treatment Resistant Anxiety and Mood Disorders (TRAMD) Unit
NHMRC-funded clinical trials:
- Ketamine to treat depression (KADS) trial (with Black Dog Institute)
Pharmaceutical industry sponsored studies:
- A Phase 2a Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multi-center Study Investigating the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of JNJ-42165279 in Subjects with Social Anxiety Disorder
The Medical School brings together the brightest students, experienced clinicians and committed researchers to unlock the greatest health challenges of our day.
Ageing and Mental Health
This research aims to develop effective strategies to decrease the number of older people living with depression and dementia.
Linking people with mental illness into evidence-based treatments
Development of interventions for linking people with mental illness into evidence-based treatments: Substance use, voice hallucinations and supported employment