Plant Growth Facility
29 plant growth rooms
8 plant growth cabinets
Controlled environment rooms are used by researchers who need specific and carefully controlled conditions for their work.
The range of activities include plant pathology, plant breeding and plant physiology through to herbicide testing.
Capacity also exists to perform experiments at elevated carbon dioxide concentrations to evaluate the impact of global climate change on biological systems.
The PGF facilitates collaborative partnerships with national and international organisations, including industry, government and the community to elevate our research impact to solve global world challenges.
Some of our current partners include:
- The Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development
- Australian Research Council
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Murdoch University, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University
- Various corporate entities, including mining companies, oil and gas companies, environmental consultants, individual farming enterprises and plant breeding entities.
- Collaboration with visiting scientists and students
- International universities and institutes